Southern / BR(S) Layouts

Graham_Muz

• RMweb Premium

OP updated to include Chris's (2ManySpam's) Pencarrow Bridge - 7mm layout

Thanks Graham

The layout is based on the Southern Bodmin and Wenford lines with a big pinch of artistic licence...

The current track plan looks like this:

post-6675-0-88203600-1391456270_thumb.jpg

With my full size mock up looking like this:

post-6675-0-33852400-1391456260_thumb.jpg

post-6675-0-81301900-1391456267_thumb.jpg

And is taking shape from this post onwards

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Sf315

Ideally the OP is to act as an index for layout threads actually on this forum. Perhaps I can persuade you to start a thread on your layout, which would also have the benefit of making it more access able to a wider audience, and then I can add the link in OP? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Just a quick one chaps.

There is a good chance to see two very good Southern layouts next month

St Merryn and Frecclesham are booked for the Cardiff model railway show. See link here..

http://www.cardiffmodelrail.org.uk/

Rob.

Edited by nhy581

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Spent a very pleasant couple of hours watching St. Merryn at the Cardiff model railway show today. This really is a lovely, defining model railway layout. Utterly absorbing. Hopefully going back tomorrow for a second look.

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Nestor

I have updated the OP accordingly.

I have also added a link to Paul's (Bike2Steam) welcome new thread about his old Bembridge IoW layout

If there are other SR / BR(S) layouts on the forum that I managed to miss so far please let me know.

Edited by Graham_Muz
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

OP updated with a couple more great layout threads worth a follow from Pete 75C's 00 gauge 80/90's Network South East to Kirtleypete's 0 gauge LBSCR splendour. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Graham

I have been working through this excellent thread whenever I had a moment, over the last couple of months - diverting all the way along to look at each of the listed blogs.

I now follow a number of these, but one observation I have is that it seems a bit of a shame that so many start blogs and then just let them wither and die without so much as a reason given!

Perhaps this is true of all blogs everywhere - I am a bit of a novice on such things - and perhaps it is a bit of a warning which I shall take myself, that you shouldn't start a blog and build up a loyal following unless you have the energy, time and dedication t keep it going.

Anyway, I find many of the Southern Blogs that you list to be excellent sources of inspiration as I develop my own layout - so thank you to you and all of those dedicated bloggers who maintain them.

Tony

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

With humble apologies to 'Mightbe' and 'Shanks522' I have at long last updated to the OP to include links to their layout topics. I don't know why this took me so long, for some reason I managed to totally miss their posts above!