Southern / BR(S) Layouts

Graham_Muz

• 5 months later...

Hi,

I'm working on a layout based closely on Singleton, West Sussex (ex LBSCR) which will be set as SR circa 1930.

I may well use the originally proposed name for the station, West Dean, to account for a few historical inaccuracy - like retaining the turntable and running larger locos than were permitted!

There is a thread on Templot at: http://85a.co.uk/forum/view_topic.php?id=1010&forum_id=12

and the current "state of play" is in an article in the latest copy of The Brighton Circle's Modeller Digest (8) which can be accessed at: http://www.lbscr.org/Models/Digest/index.html

best wishes

Richard

• Like 1

Hi Graham, my layout is Bridport Central late 1950s in 4mm, a what might have been if the LSWR had built a line through the town with links to the GWR branch and staple of the line, Brighton to Plymouth trains. Built by my late Father-in-law, Graham Smith with some help along the way by me and to what you see today. There are still no signals and other things to do!

Cheers

Dave Oliver

20190104_211232.jpg

20190104_211834.jpg

Edited by Deltic mad Dave
  • Like 12

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Evening Graham. 

Can we add Bleat Wharf to the thread? 

Primarily an Ex-S&DJR goods yard in Somerset but also I run the layout  as an Ex-L&SWR goods yard somewhere in Devon. 

1950s in both cases. 

Cheers, 

Rob 

20190604_023304.png

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold

Thanks each.

I have updated to OP with those layouts that have threads somewhere here on RMweb as per the intention of the index. 

Feel free to add posts with links to SR layouts without threads on here but I will keep the index as intended.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Graham,

Small request please. I've renamed my layout as West Sands, instead of Blackhurst. Would you mind updating my entry please?

Many thanks, Chris 

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Geep7 said:

Hi Graham,

Small request please. I've renamed my layout as West Sands, instead of Blackhurst. Would you mind updating my entry please?

Many thanks, Chris 

Hi Chris 

Duly updated

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

HI Graham,

Not long been on here but glad to have found a Southern enclave!

I've now started a thread to show some pictures of my Cadhay Sidings layout.  It's 4mm to P4, set on the Sidmouth branch around 1930 (with a few liberties taken).  The full blow by blow of the build has been documented on a Scalefour forum but the thread here: https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/155111-cadhay-sidings/ 

will show finished pictures and info about how it operates/works.  Be grateful if you can add it to the list.

I'm also in the throws of building a 2mm Southern Region might have been in Cornwall Devon called Bosaleck, which is being documented on here (and was my reason to finally join) - link is in my signature

Many thanks

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

While it's in slow progress and not quite got much scenery on just yet, would like to offer my layout of Bosnport to the list, a Southcoast N Gauge layout built upon a top bunk of a bunk bed, vaguely inspired by Portsmouth and Southsea with the name somewhat inspired by my hometown of Gosport.

Primarily it's a 50s/60s era layout, however will feature some multi-era parts (either a modular Station or whatnot) to cover both 1930s Southern and NSE eras as well (still working out that part).

Did have to make a topic on RMWeb as I generally visit the N Gauge Forums more, but to comply with the intention of this thread I've also made a thread for my layout on this forum here, hopefully will be building more soon, just need to get the ballasting and third rail sorted out!

• RMweb Gold

Thanks again each.

I have updated to OP with those layouts that have threads somewhere here on RMweb as per the intention of the index. 

Feel free to continue to advise of any layouts that could be added to the OP

Stay safe, stay Southern

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Graham,

May I be allowed to add 'Sidmouth' to the OP please? Great to have somewhere for Southern devotees

The layout is P4 and depicts Sidmouth Station and yard as they were in 1959/60. It has featured in BRM and MRJ and will reappear on the exhibition circuit again, once we have the current

distancing restrictions lifted.

Best wishes,

Richard

5CE89AC1-7C75-468E-829D-80FE91F1B534.jpeg.32378e54ad7f3b3fbdc917e3949c79b1.jpeg

D5AFF9E7-26FE-48A6-811F-B6E3B7869D7B.jpeg

231CB476-CC01-4137-84D8-29439A5420A1.jpeg

791F82D4-812C-4F2A-AF4A-8D63B6BAD6A9_1_105_c.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 8

• RMweb Gold
On 06/07/2020 at 17:53, 10sidmouth said:

Graham,

Please allow me to add that the photos were taken by Barry Norman for the article MRJ.

Many thanks,

Richard

Hi Richard

Your new thread now included in the OP

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Thanks all I have duly updated the OP

It's great that the list of SR / BR(s) layouts is looking so strong.

Keep safe and stay Southern...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, 30368 said:

Hi Graham,

A work in progress, my 70D layout. Perhaps you could add a link?

IMG_7079.JPG.71bf799e4dd4cb5c6f7cdc91baa26626.JPG

IMG_7083.JPG.52b800c1d298546ae6c3ccd8b7d16a16.JPG

A great concept and one that I really like, I can't possibly think why... duly added to the OP

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Graham has very kindly allowed me to mention that, along with a couple of others I have been involved in helping with the disposal of the railway modelling effects of the late Mick Bonwick.

We have now reached the point where we either need to find a home for his layout - Easton, Isle of Portland - or otherwise it must be dismantled and scrapped.

The layout has a fully completed and (DCC) wired fiddle yard, but whilst the track laying is complete to what would have been the scenic side, the scenic aspects are largely incomplete.

Everything that has been done is to the highest standard - Mick was nothing if not meticulous! - and it would be great to see the layout completed, or alternately used as the basis for another modeller's own creation.

The layout had its own thread on RMWeb, see:

As many of the images are missing from Mick's thread I am attempting to locate some and / or to obtain some of what now remains to be disposed of.

I appreciate that this is a long shot, but should anyone like to express an interest, then please PM me.

Tony

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2