DIW

Welcome to the Swiss Railways Group

Welcome everyone to the Swiss Railways Group within RMweb.

It is intended that the Group will provide a focus for modellers of Swiss outline and enthusiasts of the Swiss railways, as well as a drop-in centre for anyone with a passing interest to see what is going on with Swiss projects within the RMweb community.

That's the starting point - let's see whether the Group evolves along those lines or takes on a different life entirely.

Cheers!

Dave

Am interested in all swiss but mainly SBB/BLS and have stock but am proposing a dcc layout with Roco geoline track and eventually Rocomotion anyone out there

Building SBB HO DCC (Lenz), Epochs 3-4 (green locos),  round 3 sides of ex-son's-bedroom with fiddle yard below accessed by spiral ramps each end. So far only the "basement" is complete.

Hi. My interst is both Swiss and UK. Having started with Trix Twin in the erly 50's and then a Trix Expres BLS Re 4/4 in 1962. I'm building a new layout with interchangeable buildings (and later, signals) so that I can run either as LNER / BR or SBB as I feel. I hve stock from Liliput (Feldschlossen Brewery Gastezug, EBT Re 4/5 And SBB 3/5), Hag BLS Ae 8/8 BTAbe Set and the RotePfeil rail car, Roco SBB 460, Marklin Ae 6/6, and Krokodil. And Lima SBB Gottardo in grey, Plus a few German locos from Fleischmann Roco Liliput & Marklin.

I still have the TE BLS but as it's 3 rail, I'll have to build a seperate layout for it.

• Like 1

Hello Everyone my name Barbara Babs for short, I joined the Forum Today I collect N and Ho Gauge Swiss/ German  Mainly now Swiss I had my loft converted at the end of Last year so I could Keep My collection  very Secure  But also to build a sizable Layout mainly swiss outline round the Edges of the Loft. It has taken me nearly six months to sort and put the Collection up there I hope I can Gleen much info from you Guys. Track i am using is Fleischmann Profi track and all DCC,

Looking forward to talking to you all I am retired so i have now plenty of time.

Babs

Hello everyone, I'm Gustavo, I live in Viña del Mar, Chile. I have been modeling swiss H0 trains since I started in model railroading (1995). Actually I'm building my secobd layout with a mix of SBB/DB in the stardart gauge, and RHB/FO in narrow H0m gauge. Hope to learn from you and support in anything I can. If you are facebook user, I'm starting with a Lenz dcc forum, so everybody is invited to be part of. Search for "Lenz digital plus DCC forum". Regards from the end of the world. Gustavo

Hi everyone I'm Patrick living in North London.

After many years of holidaying in RhB land and collecting Bemo and other HOm models I decided, several years ago, to build a fair sized layout. I had difficulty finding the time to get the project underway and resorted to a professional baseboard and layout builder to produce the woodwork, lay the track, and install the electrics, leaving me to do all the scenery work.

Sadly the company I was using has folded and I therefore have the beginnings of a multi level Swiss layout. The three bespoke baseboards are built and I have added adjustable legs. All the woodwork is in birch ply, mostly 12 and 9mm, with some track including a helix in 6mm ply.

The plan is an L format (max. dimensions 2715mm x 2845mm)  with a base level shadow station (fiddle yard), from one end of which a two track helix takes trains up to, and down from the scenic level. The base level and helix have Peco HOm Code 75 track and paintwork already laid .

I have sadly come to the conclusion that taking the project forward myself with any chance of finishing it is unrealistic. And my wife would like the room back as a bedroom!

Do any of you knowledgable folks have any suggestions as to the best way of finding someone who may be interested in taking the project over?  I am happy to supply fullest details of the proposed plan, work done, and photos to anyone who might be interested.

I am not expecting to cover my outlay but regret it is not realistic to give it away! I trust I am not breaking any rules placing this here and appreciate any guidance and advice you might have.

Best regards

Patrick

• Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Patrick S said:

Hi everyone I'm Patrick living in North London.

Do any of you knowledgable folks have any suggestions as to the best way of finding someone who may be interested in taking the project over?  I am happy to supply fullest details of the proposed plan, work done, and photos to anyone who might be interested.

I am not expecting to cover my outlay but regret it is not realistic to give it away! I trust I am not breaking any rules placing this here and appreciate any guidance and advice you might have.

Hi Patrick, sorry its not going the way you would have liked. Best I can suggest would be to contact the London branch of the Swiss Railway Society to see if any local members may be interested in taking it over [email protected] as they would be relatively local as shifting that about the country would be quite difficult.

• Agree 1