Your Waverley Route Models

Guest Max Stafford

My old kingfisher (must be over ten years old now) has had a repaint, together with a new late crest tender and double chimney in order to bring the loco in line with all my other a4’s. The loco has also had much extra weight added, together with new pick ups as the loco has run at every show that newcastleton has been to and many many laps at the club. So much running that the pick ups had worn through and have been replaced with .45 nickle silver wire. The loco once again runs beautifully again and managed 14 mk1’s on thursday so that’ll do for me.

post-10572-0-80481500-1514624806_thumb.jpeg

Gary

• Like 3

My old kingfisher (must be over ten years old now) has had a repaint, together with a new late crest tender and double chimney in order to bring the loco in line with all my other a4’s. The loco has also had much extra weight added, together with new pick ups as the loco has run at every show that newcastleton has been to and many many laps at the club. So much running that the pick ups had worn through and have been replaced with .45 nickle silver wire. The loco once again runs beautifully again and managed 14 mk1’s on thursday so that’ll do for me.

37D29A97-43AE-4E06-B524-0B412888C8DE.jpeg

Gary

What's its origins?

What's its origins?

Its thw original loco drive a4 which started life as 60003 but now has a chassis from the latest railroad flying scotsman a1 with the fly wheel, i got the chassis minus motor from a certain well known online auction site and fitted a 5 pole motor and flywheel which makes the loco run very freely.

• 3 weeks later...

D30 Scott class Wandering Willie - PDK kit

attachicon.gifWP_20171224_20_54_02_Pro (2).jpgattachicon.gifWP_20171224_20_53_34_Pro (2).jpg

Coronach.

I've just noticed your photos of 'Wandering Willie' which looks very nice. If I could make one comment though, the photographs of these locos I've looked at indicate that in BR days the front driving splasher on Scotts [and Glens]  was lined with a single red line only.

For interest this is my build of the PDK kit:

post-7313-0-91711100-1516227194.jpg

The name was made up using individual letters from a set of Modelmaster Decals transfers of Scott & Glen Names

Jeremy 

Edited by JeremyC
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Another waverley route loco nearly there, an 45530 sir frank ree minus plates and lowered lamp brackets and yellow stripe as she (he?) appears in the britains lost main line dvd. Just needs warning flashes and another spraying with grime to cover some small marks which has mysteriously appeared.

post-10572-0-37983400-1518386663_thumb.jpeg

post-10572-0-64905300-1518386692_thumb.jpeg

Gary

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

62744 The Holderness was photographed at Hawick shed in the late 50s, so here is mine climbing towards Whitrope on an 'all stations'. Hornby 'Railroad' range with a few added details and weathering

post-11545-0-07035600-1518677218_thumb.jpg

Edited by coronach
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I haven’t been on rmweb much recently due to one thing or another...... anyway heres a few videos i have taken of my converted Hornby railroad a1’s into a3’s. And they run very nicely with new 5 pole morors. All have been converted from right to left hand drive and have replacement tenders, chimneys and deflectors etc. Also i managed to do two of them for a lot less cost wise than the full fat models, they also are heavier and pull more.

Also included are some short videos of other loco’s on the latout.

60100 spearmint

60099 call boy, apologies as the phone died halfway through shooting.

60085 manna

65345 on the pick up goods

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1

I haven’t been on rmweb much recently due to one thing or another...... anyway heres a few videos i have taken of my converted Hornby railroad a1’s into a3’s. And they run very nicely with new 5 pole morors. All have been converted from right to left hand drive and have replacement tenders, chimneys and deflectors etc. Also i managed to do two of them for a lot less cost wise than the full fat models, they also are heavier and pull more.

Also included are some short videos of other loco’s on the latout.

60100 spearmint

60099 call boy, apologies as the phone died halfway through shooting.

60085 manna

65345 on the pick up goods

Brilliant recreations, sir!  Thoroughbred WR moves those!

• 3 months later...

Jezebel!

DSCN2679-L.jpg

DSCN2685-L.jpg

I picked up this little beauty on a second hand stall at a show for not much money.  I suspect it to be a modified Langley Standard 4MT body on a Farish Crab chassis.  Tender body is a resin casting though, which makes me wonder whether it was a kit by an obscure manufacturer now long forgotten.  After much fiddling it now runs tolerably well, and there was only one possible identity I could choose.

• Like 4