Hatcham servicing depot - O Gauge

Ressaldar

Hi Dom,

glad you like it.

Some more progress yesterday, the cladding to the glazed side is now on so today will hopefully see the back done - a plain wall. Then it's the ends, gutters, downpipes, flashings etc., to be followed by the blockwork inner skin to the brickwork, the painting, joinery and glazing and electrics. As Alexander Orlov says - simples (I hope)

post-6951-0-21291500-1311925199_thumb.jpg

post-6951-0-21593000-1311925202_thumb.jpg

post-6951-0-46798400-1311925205_thumb.jpg

post-6951-0-63414700-1311925207_thumb.jpg

cheers

Mike

• 5 months later...

Hi Mike, anymore progress on the shed? I was building a similar one myself but haven't completed it. :(

Hi Phil,

the short answer is - no, and having now decided on a 60's era with green diesels, it may well go no further as it would be too 'modern' and therefore consigned to the scrap heap and put down to modelling experience.

I have ordered some backscenes fom ID Backscenes, which should be with me this coming week and then it is a decision as to what type of retaining wall to put in front of that scenery.

Now that I have ceased 'making' models I will be concentrating on the layout, so progress should be quite steady from now on - especially if/when I sort the DCC chipping out, but that is another story as they say.

cheers

Mike

It's a shame, I was looking forward to seeing it completed. it started out so well I thought the final detailing would be excellent.

I WAS going to ask you for an article on exactly how it was built.........

It's a shame, I was looking forward to seeing it completed. it started out so well I thought the final detailing would be excellent.

I WAS going to ask you for an article on exactly how it was built.........

Jeff,

Many thanks for responding.

As I said in the posting above, I'm having some DCC addressing problems at the moment, so I have removed the chipand returning it to the supplier for investigation. That then leaves me with a bit of a quandry as to what to get upto over the coming week until the backscenes arrive, so.......................................I'll have another look at the 'shed' and see what I need to do to continue the build, then probably get on with it to conclusion, see what I think of it then and perhaps it might be placed on the layout and justified as the 'pilot building' for the new diesel era - who knows.

As for an article, we'll see.

cheers

Mike

If you're going green do you have any blue stuff to dispose off?

Hi Phil,

sorry, all gone. Just taken delivery of a 2 rail MTH Stanier 50' Full Brake in maroon - looks really good, will be weathering it next week.

cheers

Mike

Archived