NW 22nd St.

dave_long

Hi Simon

Thank you for the complement.

The ballasting firstly was a light covering of A another grey ballast that I had, but that was literally just covering the boards, then there was a layer of a grey powder which was crushed rock, but in fairness there wasn't a lot of that. But the final layer was sand, sadly I can't say whether its silica sand or not. It was bought from Geoscenics as Extra fine sand. About half the way down this page: http://www.geoscenics.co.uk/railway.html I did mix some of the stone grey ballast with the sand and laid it together.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dave,

I have just discovered this thread-Even though the link's under all your posts! It certainly looks impressive and I hope I'll get to see it sometime soon. Where are you exhibiting next? I do have one small (and slightly pedantic) observation though. Shouldn't your side road be NW19th Ave? In Miami streets run east-west and avenues run north-south, so NW19th St. would be a few blocks south of NW22nd St., running parallel. Like I said, it's a very small thing and probably not noticable when looking at the layout, I only noticed it as it's on your plan.

Regards,

David

David

Thanks for pointing out the error. I checked my plan files and it seems I corrected it but obviously used the wrong one. Your quite right it should be NW19th Ave.

The layout should be at a small school model show in November near Derby. I'm working on a new project at the moment but some upgrades are planned for the layout. I'm planning on upgrading the switch throws, the bullfrogs don't seem to have taken well to the conditions in my garage so I may well replace them with cobalt point motors. I also have a load of wooden pallets to put together paint and weather as that yard really needs filling.

Thanks for looking, hopefully I'll get some photos if we ever get some nice weather.

regards

Archived