moorswater viaduct 2FS

bcnPete

Pete, the last two shots really capture the atmosphere, wishing you the best in the compo and I have really enjoyed watching this spring up out of the ground! :D The challenge has been great to watch and I have picked up many things from it, to the point I may join in next year.. I am also looking forward to seeing this integrated into the bigger picture..

Well done sir..

Tom

• RMweb Gold

So close, yet so far...

Sorry Pete, they'll be on their way soon!

No worries Pix...they do look terrific...many thanks for translating my CAD drawing into the world of etch!

Pete

• 5 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

With work coming to a close soon on my Kyle project, I am about to salvage the viaduct and trees from my diorama comp entry to use on my Coombe Junction - Moorswater layout, so before I destroy it, I took a last few photos of it today, as I seem to have a better of understanding of my camera than when I took the original photos...

post-3290-0-27397800-1331479066_thumb.jpg

The bedside lamp...which my wife was sort of warming to...

post-3290-0-86375900-1331479082_thumb.jpg

37142 returning LE from Moorswater dries...

post-3290-0-17873800-1331479101_thumb.jpg

37142 having collected the CDAs is bound for Liskeard...

post-3290-0-69575400-1331479115_thumb.jpg

37135 heads to Moorswater...

post-3290-0-34624000-1331479135_thumb.jpg

Rolling stock packed away...

Now...where's my big hammer gone... :D

• RMweb Gold

Shame to hear of the imminent demise of this - but if it is for the greater good of CJ then its a case of Onwards and Upwards :)

Thanks Mickey - Yes am actually quite excited to get stuck in to CJM again at the end of the month...I am starting on the dries board and working my way back to Coombe Junction..that way the viaduct instantly gets relocated - the diorama is sort of getting in the way at home now...so I have been informed... :blink:

I love the picture of the 37 LE under the viaduct and amongst the trees - looks fantastic and looking forward to seeing it all re-created on CJ.

Thanks Mike - Yes am hoping to get plenty of trees on the layout so in some instances, you are peering through them to see the trains...

• RMweb Gold

Thank you for putting these up Pete, your camera work really as improved greatly. As those above have said, it's a shame to see it go, but we all look forward to seeing the return of CJ :good:

Thanks Bryn - I recall photography is a big passion of yours these days so glad you appreciate. This and Kyle have been nice diversions of recent but I have some ideas for CJM which I hope will raise the bar on my own modelling skills.

Nice pics Pete. Sorry to see the demise, but glad that it'll be put to use on Coombe.

Thanks also Jon - It was always the plan to reuse the 'bits' but the 20x11x11 entry turned into a bit of 'object d'art' in the house, with house guests enjoying to see it...but it's gotta go to make way for progress...its full steam* ahead on CJM from April to Christmas... *insert diesel* :laugh:

Archived