Pictures from a swedish layout.

I would echo the comments on the models and photography: really first class. Having spent several years working in Sweden (not in this time scale but circ 10 years ago!) I would also testify to it having the correct feel, particularly the architecture. Is it supposed to be a certain area of the country? I don't know any of the place names but I am no expert!

Andrew

18ydzt.jpg

The layout is 8x5,5m and I have built it in two periods, the first about twelve years ago and the last during the last two, three years. My ambition has been to try to make an illussion of some typical swedish villages and landscape during the 1950´s. Most of the buildings are built of a friend of mine.

• RMweb Premium

Most of the buildings are built of a friend of mine.

I feel that both you and your friend are very talented.

I volunteer at the Nene Valley Railway near Peterborough, and we have a Swedish B currently out of service, and we are using it as part of a display with our Wagon-lits vehicles, and were just repainting it and replacing the cab roof to preserve the cab. The loco isnt really my area of interest, but I appreciate them, fantastic machines.

Anyway... back to your superb layout ;)

There must be something in the air in Sweden. I know you know Troels but what is it about the place that generates such outstanding modelling? Could it be the long winter nights?

Keep posting the photos!!! yes.gif

BTW have you tried using EZ Line for the yacht rigging? Just a thought, it is darker and finer so it appears more realistic in photos.

Archived