Layouts based on the period

Dave777

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Can I add Abbotswood Junction to this super thread?

Will get some photos when Mr Nevard visits in October but heres youtube link for the moment

Cheers

Phil

Edited by Phil Bullock
  • Like 7

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Some stunning layouts here, and plenty of inspiration for my effort!!

Could I possibly add my layout to the list please? It's very much a work in progress but is based on the blue days of my childhood so definitely fits in this category, a link to the progress thread is in my signature.

post-16914-0-38228100-1350119177_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Could I add my Woodhead electrics, MSW route layout please. http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/59840-woodhead-electrics/

SAM_1830.jpg

Its based on the famous line around the end of its existance in 1980/81. Although I also change to green mixed with blue for a late 60s era running! Its still not finished yet and has lots of details etc to add.

Some fantastic layouts on here too!

• Like 11

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest bri.s

i think my layouyt scapes in this catagory as ill be running blue 37's,45's,31's,56's and 76'sas well as green and yellow faces but it will have a lot of blue heres a couple of pic's of the layout no were near finished but slowly getting thereimage-11_zps589037e5.jpgimage-11_zpsa62efe31.jpgimage-11_zps1576fa9b.jpgimage-11_zpsdfef908f.jpg

• Like 4

Mine fits, 1976 Wigan. Can't seem to create link, if anyone can please do. Its presently called Wiganish and is based just on the diesel shed. Very much work in progress.

post-4133-0-94021800-1368205407_thumb.jpg

post-4133-0-18600200-1368205644_thumb.jpg

post-4133-0-01745800-1368206136_thumb.jpg

Paul.

• Like 7

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Some lovely stuff here.  I barely dare put my efforts up for comparison, but I have been seduced by the BR Blue era as that was my childhood and some decidedly anachronistic workings have crept into what is supposed to be a slightly non-specific but probably GWR set up! Still, everyone has to start somewhere:

2012_03_19_0272%2520-%2520Copy.JPG

2012_05_04_0635.JPG

May I just say that the first pic in #13 on this thread caused me to do a double take until I saw the coupling on the locomotive.  I normally think that as soon as figures are added a picture immediately screams "model" but this one did not.

Everyone here has really given me something to aspire to.  I especially like the idea of making a plank which can be incorporated into something bigger - a forthcoming house move means I will not be able to work on the incomplete layout above as it lives at my parents' place!

• Like 2

Hi folks,

Although I often cross over into the sector era, I think my layout Waverley West qualifies here...

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/2978-waverley-west/ 

attachicon.gifLow level view.jpg

attachicon.gif128 13.jpg

Layout?  Not even close... more like a masterpiece!  I swear, that shot of the 128 passing through the tunnel could be almost be the real thing.  The only thing that gives it away is the lack of clag :)

I will admit to being slightly jealous... ;)