Blackwell View- Modern N gauge

Guest eddie reffin

Guest eddie reffin

I have started to build the first part of an N gauge project that will end up being a 23ft monster! The initial stage of the layout is a Terminus station built on boards 11ft by 18inches. The scan shows that there is 6 platforms, a fueling point and a stabling siding. Inspiration was drawn from Glasgow Queen Street, Inverness and Perth. One of the most important features is that it will be connected to a 12ft x 42in roundy layout but will be able to shown on it's own.

Platforms 1,2 & 3 are for longer distance trains and will mainly be run by Voyagers and 170s. P4,5 & 6 are for more local services and will be in the hands of 156s and 158s. There is no direct connection from 4,5 & 6 to the main layout.

Track will be Code 55 and probably be operated by DC and section switches.

More when there is some more progress.

Cheers

Eddie

Scan of the track plan.

• RMweb Premium

Jesus!! 23ft cool.gif this is going to be a whopper, i thought i was pulling the stops out with my 16' x 3'

Will be watching your progress with interest, the plan looks ace

Cheers

Anthony

This will be a good one to watch develop! The size of it will certainly keep you busy but in N the full layout will be great for running full length trains on. I know you mention in your plan the local services don't connect to the main layout but it might be worth considering building in a junction on your main section in the future that they could rejoin it at - almost somehting like the Fife circle services do - this would add in some more movements and operating scenarios to keep you really busy when operating the layout! Looks a great plan so far and will keep an eye out on progress.

Mark

• 3 months later...
Guest eddie reffin

Thought it was time to update progress on this beast. All the track on the scenic section has now been laid and the wiring has been started. There is still a couple of points to buy for the fiddle yard and a short extension to be built to extend each of the roads in the FY. I have also started on the platforms and all the edging has been glued together- just needs painting. Most of my time recently has been spent on the other layout as it is going to Elgin at Easter- I have extended the fiddle yard on it. I'll update the blog when I get chance.

Will post pics when I finally manage to get the camera to talk to the laptop......

Cheers

Eddie

Archived