Detailing Bachmann Junior locos

I have put the Saddle Tank back together - I am very pleased with the result. It just requires nameplates (again from Narrow Planet), weathering and glazing. Yes neither of the locos are accurate but they are good enough for me.

post-7910-0-20803400-1308320475_thumb.jpg

post-7910-0-13188800-1308320534_thumb.jpg

And heres a photo of it with a MK1 for Richard

post-7910-0-60890500-1308320571_thumb.jpg

One minor quip, I feel the lines on the saddle tanks detachable roof, detract from the model to a degree. I now its too late to fill them in, but is there a reason to leaving it removable?

I left the cab detachable so it would be easier to paint the cab. I am still going to fill and colour it.

• 10 months later...

Finally got round to attacking one - it was the diesel that fell out of the cubboard first. A flick through Irwells Industrial Railways in Yorkshire came up with a loco with similar chunky steps as provided by Bachmann and those to the cab also have a solid rear to avoid feet geting chopped by the connecting rod. I have swopped the steps around so that the wider ones are under the cab and lined up correctly under the cab door.

• RMweb Premium

Just seen this - definate influences of Hunslet on the Diesel - so the original exhaust was OK.

03/04 chassis would improve it a lot - as all the small DM shunters were jackshaft

Nice little conversions for industrials though

Just seen this - definate influences of Hunslet on the Diesel - so the original exhaust was OK.

03/04 chassis would improve it a lot - as all the small DM shunters were jackshaft

Exhaust drastically improved by drilling a hole down it - think should be easy to add a jackshaft to the chassis (added to list of things to do)

Archived