Thanks for that Graham,

My plan when I was going to have the central board was to have a 4 track through station but forgot that idea when my circs changed.
I do like the thought of it, but I think I'd still only be able to have the end part of the station as I will need more sidings in the FY. But I may be able to strecth it out a bit.

I do like the idea of the long steel trains though. Might have to borrow some of Beresford junctions BDA's though!  

Thanks David for your continued support,,,

Evening,
Managed to get an hour in the garage tonight once the kiddie winks were bathed and put to bed. 

I have laid some more track on the extension, similar to Grahams suggestion but without the dead end siding towards the station. I have kept my origina siding as I though this would be ideal to stable a loco or some parcels stock, or even a DMU in between duties. I've posted some pictures I make no excuse for the mess around the track, it's how I seem to work best!

I've also started to re-arrange the track on the scenic side to create the double track main line.

Well heres the pics, invites for the ballasting party will be out soon. :jester:

All views are taken from the "Flap" end.

The left hand point on this crossover will become a double  slip to give access into the yard on the scenic side.

post-6849-0-86167700-1365370806.jpg

post-6849-0-24153000-1365370868.jpg

post-6849-0-15280500-1365370881.jpg

post-6849-0-86213200-1365370888.jpg

Cheers

Scott

Evening,

Thnks for the comments, I've done a bit more tonight. Well when I say a bit I actually mean quite a bit.

Tonight I turned my attention to the current scenic board, in an attempt to get the new line laid. First of all I had to remove a fair bit of the scenery, which was stuck down very well indeed and took quite a while to do.
When I finally cleared that I started laying the track, and because I've now added the extra line I had to also add another crossover to enable stuff leaving the yard to get back out onto the up line. 

Here are a few pictures to show the progress. The track does look straighter in the flesh, honest.

1. A view looking down the layout with the new crossover in place for the yard exit.

post-6849-0-21869200-1365460612.jpg

2. A general shot looking down the length of the newly laid track. You may be able to work out the area that I had to remove before any tracklaying could begin.

post-6849-0-68282000-1365460623.jpg

Finally a test to seewhat reasonable size length of train I could achieve. I have to rememeber that its got to fit in the FY!

post-6849-0-11215600-1365460636.jpg

Thats it from me tonight, thanks for looking.
Oh and Ian yes it may well be playtime soon...

Cheers

Scott

Now that we've established that odd is good, heres another small update from the layout.

Having spent a nice day with the family as its still half term down here I managed to get a bit of time in the workshop.

I have done a bit of woodwork, extending the baseboard ready for work to begin on the lift out section at the opposite end to the flap. Once that was done I have continued with the tracklaying, I have now added the curves after the crossover by the depot, they now go round to the lift out section.

So things are going well, I've also put a bit of grime over the depot and painted the doors brown, added guttering and stuck a few limited clearance signs up. I attempted to put up a Transrail sign but completely co##ed it up so I'm going to leave that for another day. Still need to add lights and the general clutter and of course bed it into the scenery.

Heres a couple of pics from tonight.

Picture 1 shows the view along the main line, towards the newly laid curves and the diesel depot.

post-6849-0-32284600-1365545127.jpg

A reverse angle view, this time from the bridge looking back along the line.

post-6849-0-71960100-1365545138.jpg

Not a lot else to add really.. apart from that I'm looking forward to getting the full roundy roundy up and running, as you say Mick, very therapeutic. 

Cheers

Scott

Afternoon,

Class66, I could probably run full length trains but the yard can only hold a maximum of 9 BDA's + loco. Which will probably mean that the FY will be about the same. Ideally it will be long enough to hold a full length HST or two once I manage to get them.

Not much to report on the rest of the layout though, kids have been off for easter so its been a bit of  a family week with the odd nocturnal hour in the garage once they've gone to sleep. Certainly no photos of progress. (edit) Mrs Pitbull was in the house, kids wern't alone!!

I have been thinking of trying Tortoise point motors in the station approach area and also thinking about controlling the layout with my laptop, but only the pointwork and signals.  I've been trying to look into it but it does seem a bit of a minefield. Think I may have to check with Hampshire Hog as he is a self taught expert. (Kevin I'm still hoping to get to yours at some point for a play)

Trainwest tomorrow, only snag is it's my wedding anniversary and I'm working tomorrow night so still not 100% sure I'm going to be able to make it.

I'll update tomorrow night if I do get to the show or if my marrige is still on.

Cheerio for now.

Scott

Afternoon,

Class66, I could probably run full length trains but the yard can only hold a maximum of 9 BDA's + loco. Which will probably mean that the FY will be about the same. Ideally it will be long enough to hold a full length HST or two once I manage to get them.

Not much to report on the rest of the layout though, kids have been off for easter so its been a bit of  a family week with the odd nocturnal hour in the garage once they've gone to sleep. Certainly no photos of progress. (edit) Mrs Pitbull was in the house, kids wern't alone!!

I have been thinking of trying Tortoise point motors in the station approach area and also thinking about controlling the layout with my laptop, but only the pointwork and signals.  I've been trying to look into it but it does seem a bit of a minefield. Think I may have to check with Hampshire Hog as he is a self taught expert. (Kevin I'm still hoping to get to yours at some point for a play)

Trainwest tomorrow, only snag is it's my wedding anniversary and I'm working tomorrow night so still not 100% sure I'm going to be able to make it.

I'll update tomorrow night if I do get to the show or if my marrige is still on.

Cheerio for now.

Scott

Looks good length now Scott. :no:

Evening,
I did get to Trainwest but didn't buy anything of note... It was good to catch up with the Warren Lane gang... 

I haven't done anyting on the layout as I've been working, so no time for modelling. I did have a vist to Leaford yesterday. It's been a while since I have operated it, especially since the alterations. It's always good to have a play.

Whilst there I picked up a couple of items of RES rolling stock, they were tripped down from Exford Park. 

They can be seen below on the video.

Cheers for now.

Scott

Funny you should say that Graham, it's not until I watched that clip back that I thought to myself thats not a bad run. I'm glad I'm going back to a full roundy roundy. It would have been a waste otherwise. 

I just need to get on with the ballasting now.

Archived