Evening guys,

Glad you liked the video, I'm looking forward to the day when all the ballasting and scenery is complete, will look loads better then.

Speaking of scenery, my concentration over the last few days has been on the small station approach part of the layout. I'm pretty sure that I wont be modelling any platforms now, this section will be between two road bridges just out of sight of the station. Thats the plan anyway.

I have started the Royal Mail terminal, not sure whether to have it as a disused terminal but the siding still gets used for loco/dmu stabling or the RES stock which is now loaded/unloaded in the station. Who knows???

Here are a couple of pictures of work so far.

post-6849-0-64661200-1366665199.jpg

RES stock stabled in the siding with  37371 running light engine from Redbrook Dock Junction.

post-6849-0-18431100-1366665187.jpg

Cheers

Scott

• RMweb Premium

I have started the Royal Mail terminal, not sure whether to have it as a disused terminal but the siding still gets used for loco/dmu stabling or the RES stock which is now loaded/unloaded in the station. Who knows???

Scott

When does the OLE go up for a 325....? :no:

Cheers,

Mick

Good afternoon and thanks for asking...
I wish I had lots to tell you but alas not. Pay day is fast approaching so I'm hoping to get some more track and cork to at least get the trains running around the circuit. 

I've been busy at work all week with various training days so I haven't been out in the garage much.

post-6849-0-62351500-1367161937_thumb.jpg

Cant complain, it was all very interesting!

The only bits on the layout that have changed are:

Track plan slighty altered on the station approach. I removed two points.

The line on the left  is going to lead to the docks or steel works (yet to be decided)

post-6849-0-57034000-1367162148.jpg

I've also had a play around with the scenics. the foamboard area will possibilty be an engineers depot. 

post-6849-0-11771700-1367162270.jpg

post-6849-0-98343100-1367162297.jpg

Finally I've had a go at weathering the mail depot and painted the top red.

post-6849-0-12839000-1367162351.jpg

Thanks for looking, I hope to have a bit more done in the near future.

Cheers

Thanks for the comments chaps.  66 I did get to use the large white fire extinguisher on top...

Tim, I'm 80/20 that its going to be a disused depot with the line being used for stabling anything rather that restrict myself to Res stock. I just need to make it look a bit more run down with weeds and maybe a an old brute .

Cheers

Evening,

Decided to turn one of my dodgy running 37's into a dummy tonight, 37673 has the official Dummy title.

I also removed the motor and the weight in the chassis to make it as light as possible in order for it to be hauled around as part of a double header.

Other than that I had a quick play. I've got so much to do that the play element has been neglected for a while.  

During play time I decided to do a quick video. Nothing super I'm afraid.

Work will now stop play for the rest of the week.  :umbrage:

Cheers

Morning,

Thanks for the comments, I can't take the credit for all of the weathering, the really dirty TEA's are my work, I've been playing with various washes. I wanted the really used look. I must admit they look better on the vid.

I've also weathered some of the BDA's and the OBA in the engineers train.

I'm still not confident with the airbrush, I can't get it as fine/misty as I'd like.

Hopefully get to the model shop later once I've dropped little man off at pre-school. Thats still a drama as it's his 3rd week and hates being left. I need retail therapy to help with the stress and guilt. 

Cheers

Scott

Hi Scott,

Sorry to hear  young Master Pitbull isn't enjoying pre school, I am sure he will enjoy it soon enough.

Loved the video, the tank train reminds me of the 100t TEAs we used to send down the Fawley and up to Holybourne. Most trains were formed of ten wagons, yours look very good.

I remember one Morning sending a double load of empty TEAs down to Fawley 20 wagons and one class 37, on wet rails. Mega thrash and fireworks from the exhust and plenty of wheel slip so power on power off, just after Six in the morning so probably woke up half of Eastleigh.

Cheers Peter.

Nice vid Scott - now subscribed!

You have some great looking stock. Mine all looks way too clean, not that I ever run any of it.

Dave

What is your account called? I will subscribe to you.

Evening,

Thanks Peter for that inside info, I need to get a few more TEA's then bythe sounds of it. I'm sure the residents of Redbrook will be as equally happy as the Eastleigh ones when I start early morning fuel runs due to being awake at all hours when the next junior pitbull pops out! 

Thanks for answering Swiftys question Britfarmer, looks like I'm going to have to do some more vids as people keep subscribing! 

Oh and no model shop today, after a big food shop and my Bank holiday shift payment not being paid in this months pay packet I may have to delay the spree.  I don't know why I bother with plans as something always crops up to ruin them!

Cheers

Archived