Hi Bruce and Grimley,

Thanks for your comments, I thought the warehouse would be a good catch all! Enjoy the sun, I'll be interested to see how your weathered MPV comes out..

Grimley, I had a lovely EWS 37/4 before my last cull! I think Colas have won the contract now.... with a bit of help from the DRS tractors....

Hi Scott

I agree the warehouse section looks great. I really like how you have broken up the corner with the edge of the office block. Nice touch! Some more containers would be nice though! lol

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

post-6849-0-79447400-1317320672.jpg

Press Release 29th September 2011

It is with regret to announce the temporary closure of Redbrook Maritime Re-fuelling and light maintenance depot.

The facilities will remain in place to service the remaining shunters and will now concentrate on the maintenance of wagons only.

All allocated locos will be re-located after the weekend, it is anticipated that they will go up for auction soon after.

The reasons behind the decision are based purely on financial matters and the management see no other way of resolving the issues.

Freightliner thanks everyone who has supported the depot over the past months and asks that they continue to monitor the situation as it may change should money/business start to return to the port.

Regards

Head Office

That's terrible news Scott :-(

I hope you win the lottery or something in the next few days to help you get sorted.

If not I think your stock should drive up to First Avenue for storage!

Good luck and fingers crossed

Dave

Hi and thanks for the support, just to clarify the layout is staying and will continue to develop, the locos will be moving on that's all. The trusty 08 & 09 will remain to manage the wagon movements. I just need a quick boost of funds to assist my bank account after my recent wedding.

It's not all doom and gloom, just a temporary measure.

Cheers

Scott

Cheers guys, I'm actually quite positive about the whole thing, like Phil has said it will give me time to sort out the scenic side of things. Ive seen a decent low relief factory unit on the Hornby stand here at Folkestone. will do the job nicely. Dint forget if your coming to Folkestone model exhibition then say hello, it was a good day today, off to the Folkestone model club do later, so time to get my glad rags on!

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Gen on Redbrook:

Freightliner have finally pulled out of the depot, officially closed on Friday. The future is uncertain but there is a rumour that they wont be left unoccupied for long.

The place has beed de-branded and feels a little empty.

Managed to get a quick picture on the last day. Ironically the last loco to use it was an unidentified Colas 47 grabbing a top up of fuel.

post-6849-0-94870400-1318194680.jpg

Other news is that Knights Rail at Eastleigh have taken over the old warehouse at the far end, work is so good that they will be carrying out various tasks here. Its started already with the overhaul of pocket wagons. Here one is ready to be collected by another Colas 47.

post-6849-0-07161000-1318194802.jpg

Most of the other stock is now awaiting disposal by auction.

Cheers

Scott

• RMweb Premium

Freightliner have finally pulled out of the depot, officially closed on Friday. The future is uncertain but there is a rumour that they wont be left unoccupied for long.

The place has beed de-branded and feels a little empty. :sorry:

Cool, a shed free zone!! :O :locomotive:

Look forward to seeing the 'new' arrivals soon.

Hi mate, sad to see the demise of Redbrook, left us with lots of good memories and idea's Im sure.

I have no doubt you will be back on here at some point, and look forward to seeing more layouts from you, all the best for now

Leon.

Alex you are a bad influence, stop it! I'm not going back to the 90's.... Although after playing with Leaford and seeing Ian's Exford Park its always a possibility! :no:

Phil, good idea about rotating the stock, at least you won't get bored, at least for the time being anyway...

Leon, Layout and I are both staying on RMweb.

Paul, Ive kept hold of the MPV, the Colas twins and a DRS 37 for the time being. They are the current haulage for the rolling stock visiting Knights Rail.. Thats the idea anyway. Oh and the Bardon 66 is close by.

Cheers Dave, I'm sure it will at some point, hopefully the freightliner business will take off again in the Redbrook area.

Cheers

Scott

Archived