Hi Scott,

The class 37 doesn't look too bad. I would remove a bit more weathering though, especially the yellow ends. I would add a touch more brown in the weathering mix for the loco sides.

Sometimes less is more, some locos were more tatty with chipped paint etc than covered in grime. Keep trying mate you will get there.

Cheers Peter. 

Scott,

doesn't look too bad, maybe a bit much. I've used dark washes on all my rolling stock and it can be very effective, but less is more...

in the future I'll be using it on loco bodies, with airbrush on the chassis because I don't think it would get the dusty look.

I'm glad ' 430 arrived ok , reason I flogged it is I want a Lima or vi BR blue body for the chassis !

Evening,
Thanks for the comments, I didn't get chance to remove some of the weathering today but I did look at a few photos adnd I've found them varying from showroom clean to very mucky as expected. I will clean the nose first as like you have said Peter, it needs it.

I suppose what I want is a loco that looks hard working and slightly neglected. 

I was also looking at "how to airbrush" videos on YouTube last night and I may have another go. Its the thinning of the paint that I think I got wrong last time I tried.

Rob D2 hope you don't mind witnessing 430 getting treatment!  You did me a big favour selling it...

Thanks ess1uk, I don't think its far off what I want, just a bit more tweaking required and then onto the next one!

Cheers,

Scott.

Not at all, it's about time it got some dirt TBH, I ran out if time to have too many eras, timing was good as I need that blue body .

Will be sticking purely to transrail, or moving it into the early EWS era so you can have mainline and loadhaul too ?

I do have a soft spot for transrail, I had trips to both Cornwall and fort William in 97 to see some 37 action in the best scenery from either end of the island...

Evening,

Thanks for the comments, I didn't get chance to remove some of the weathering today but I did look at a few photos adnd I've found them varying from showroom clean to very mucky as expected. I will clean the nose first as like you have said Peter, it needs it.

I suppose what I want is a loco that looks hard working and slightly neglected. 

I was also looking at "how to airbrush" videos on YouTube last night and I may have another go. Its the thinning of the paint that I think I got wrong last time I tried.

Rob D2 hope you don't mind witnessing 430 getting treatment!  You did me a big favour selling it...

Thanks ess1uk, I don't think its far off what I want, just a bit more tweaking required and then onto the next one!

Cheers,

Scott.

Its nice to have few "hard worked" transrail 37"s :no: lots of rust and weathering!!

Rob D2 I think I will have the layout between 1995 - 2000 (maybe 1999) as I quite fancy an EW&S 37. It's certainly a good time frame for lots of varied liveries. I was fortunate enough to have been given a couple of DVDs showing Newport, S.Wales in the 1995/97 era and its amazing the amount of different colour schemes. Even I shouldn't get bored.

66, I have two and may get another one at some point, maybe when I sell off my Freightliner stock..

Cheers,

Scott

When I opebed teh garage door yesterday the sun shone a rare beam of light onto the layout, lighting up the latest addition to the fleet.I had a quick go with some weathering powder on the bogies and chassis and this was the result.

post-6849-0-38533400-1359143515.jpg

Maybe still a bit heavy but using the brown shade as suggested does make a difference.

Cheers

Scott

Edit - Probably an obvious answer but does the fuel get put into the tank on the left as you look at it. Where ever it goes I'd like to replicate the spillage down the side...  I'll have a look at some photos but thought there may be someone knowledgeable on here that could answer it,,   

• RMweb Premium

Edit - Probably an obvious answer but does the fuel get put into the tank on the left as you look at it. Where ever it goes I'd like to replicate the spillage down the side...  I'll have a look at some photos but thought there may be someone knowledgeable on here that could answer it,,   

Hi Scott,

The fuel filler on a 37 is at the no1 end (cooler group).

Here's a couple of pics that may help.

post-408-0-83905300-1359167001_thumb.jpg

post-408-0-12960500-1359167065.jpg

Cheers,

Mick

That looks very good Scott.

Good choice on the timeframe I reckon. For liveries you won't get more variation than that period and the possibilities for locos are endless.

47016 in railfreight grey, in the same year 66s started being delivered etc...

Morning,

Thanks Mick for the photos... Not where I was expecting it at all... Not sure I'll be able to add much  spillage to mine then..

Thanks also for the comments on the weathering guys, appreciate it.

Cheers,

Scott

Im sure you wil work your magic Scott :no:

Morning,

Haven't done anything with the layout as I've been working lates which means im in Zombie mode.

I did manage to open my eyes enough to make my way to the front door when the bell rang though. The friendly postie had a small parcel for me.

Heres a couple of pictures of the latest BAA arrivals at Redbrook.

post-6849-0-25083500-1359459542.jpg

37514 (not a new arrival) seen leaving the Steel Warehouse with the ex works wagons.

post-6849-0-20190700-1359459552.jpg

Thats it for now.

Cheers,

Scott

Looking good Scott, how good does 514 look on the BAAs? Lovely wagons aren’t they? I received my first one yesterday and have to say that I am very pleased with it. BAAs are my favourite wagon!

Loving all the Railfreight red action at the steel works!

What a beast 430 is!

Hi NIck,
Thanks... I used Mig weathering powders, and I think its called vietnam earth, but I'll have to check and get back to you...

Thanks everyone else for your positive comments, layouts on a bit of a go slo at the moment. Ended up ripping up more bits so I've left it alone for a while......  

Cheers

Scott

Hi NIck,

Thanks... I used Mig weathering powders, and I think its called vietnam earth, but I'll have to check and get back to you...

Thanks everyone else for your positive comments, layouts on a bit of a go slo at the moment. Ended up ripping up more bits so I've left it alone for a while......  

Cheers

Scott

Well realy looks good Scott.....

Archived