Hi Scott,

Just when I thought you might be sticking with the green machines you go and change, think you have been spending too much time with Ian and Kevin. lol

It's a pitty you can't do both time periods but understand you can have everything, the 37s look nice on the layout all you need now are some class 47s and 33s.

Cheers Peter.

Evening,

Thanks guys, the pictures were taken with my mobile so yes I am pleased with the way they have come out.

Haven't been able to get out there tonight. The Mrs is out on the razz so I'm inside. Kids are fast asleep so I'm going between my PS3 and here...

Peter, I'm currently watching a dutch livery 33 at the moment on Ebay... Funny I used to have a few not that long ago, and some 47's too! Oh how the pendulam swings. :banghead:

Hi Scott,

Maybe the pendulam needs to swing a bit slower. :nono: I think you might stick with this period for a while as you have more variety, you seem to be happy with the layout at the moment which is a good thing. looking forwards to seeing some Cromptons on the layout I always liked the Dutch liv. Will you be getting a few EDs?

Cheers Peter.

I think youu're right Peter. Something needs to happen, maybe the pendulam should fall off, therfore preventing any further swing!

I had a Dapol NR 73 on order, think I'd better cancel that and go for dutch one instead..

Thought about changing the layout too!!! But I'll sleep on that I think..

Cheers'

Scott

I think youu're right Peter. Something needs to happen, maybe the pendulam should fall off, therfore preventing any further swing!

I had a Dapol NR 73 on order, think I'd better cancel that and go for dutch one instead..

Thought about changing the layout too!!! But I'll sleep on that I think..

Cheers'

Scott

Hi Scott,

I would change to a Dutch ED that would look great, you might want to change the layout abit to suit your new time period but I wouldn't go ripping it up I think it looks really good at the moment.

Cheers Peter.

Merry Christmas to all of you that have stuck with Redbrook despite all my changes. Who knows what the new year will hold for the layout?? Probably more of the same. Thanks for your continued support.

Have a good one where ever you are and whatever you are doing.

Ho Ho Ho

Cheers

Scotti

Hi Scott

Good to see you are still having fun with the layout.

I was watching 'Trainspotting' the series not the film on Discovery Shed yesterday, which is on Sky Channel 242 for future ref. One of the episodes included a tour of Soton Maritime and it was very enlightening! It was filmed early 2000s I think - there were slam-door units going past and they were still using 47's on the liners.

Keep the Railfreight faith going though!

Alex

Hi Scott 

Keep the layout as it is.The period you are doing now is better than the boring modern locos add a few 33s,73s,47s will look great. Odd splash of NSE in you could do a rail tour  

push pull 33/73 with 4TC stock that will look good :sungum:

Happy New Year to you & your family.Look forward to seeing more picture in 2013 

:drinks:  Steve

Evening...
NSE seems a popular choice...  Nothing in that colour scheme planned at the moment. I am awaiting a dutch 33 to arrive though.

The 47's were cancelled a couple of weeks ago as I paid upfront and they were taking ages so I got my money back to put towards Christmas. I may re-order at some point but not sure yet.       I've been sketching plans for a new layout but can't come up with anything suitable yet, I've hit that bored stage again. I was thinking of doing a plank type layout to stop me from ripping up the current one. I'm sure it's just another phase I'm going through.  

Alex, I saw that Trainspotting show was on after Ian mentioned there was a day of train stuff. I had the intention to watch some of it but didn't see any in the end. I'll have to try and see the Southampton edition, sounds interesting.  

Thanks for the posts guys, hope you all had a good bit of festive fun...  Mines been good apart from the 10 hours a day at work. Still another 2 shifts to go. 

Cheers,

Scott

PS Mick, wash your mouth out.. lol

• RMweb Premium

I've been sketching plans for a new layout but can't come up with anything suitable yet

What sort of plans have they been TMD(ish)? How big? Is this going to be your exhibition debut layout? ;)

Give us a shout if you want a brainstorming session this week, I'm bored of Christmas already!

• RMweb Premium

The plans have been little planks, a bit like the original Bocott but I have been thinking about the exhibition layout again. It's the woodwork that worries me though.

I don't mind helping out with the woodwork if you like, or the layout come to that!

Thanks for the offer boys.. I think I have to take a bit of time to fully consider doing an exhibition layout and of course a track plan etc... So it won't be just yet.

I did buy a 3 way point today though for the fiddle yard at Redbrook. Beginning to wish I hadn't now that I've seen whats needed to make it work! A challenging time ahead me thinks.

Not a lot else to report im afraid. Still awaiting another of the retro fleet to arrive and no its not a 37.

I hope to get out in the garage at some point but not holding my breath as I've only got a day off and I'm back to work for a few shifts.

In case I dont get to speak to you all before, I'll wish you all a Hapy New Year now.

Cheers,

Scott

I did buy a 3 way point today though for the fiddle yard at Redbrook. Beginning to wish I hadn't now that I've seen whats needed to make it work! A challenging time ahead me thinks.

Cheers,

Scott

Tell me about it, I bought 2 and am now thinking there must be an easier way, but they do save loads of space.

I've had another play in the garage!

My neighbours have recently had some work done to their house and when complete, the company put up a sign on the BT pole outside,Yesterday the wind blew it off and it landed in my garden. (damaged) It just so happens that the sign is made of corrugated plastic and looks ok as cladding for a building.. So I decided to have a try and see what it looked like.
Remembering that this is just a test and is in early development stages I thought I'd post a picture of the work so far.

post-6849-0-38410600-1356910598.jpg

I've also completed a small amount of track relaying. The points that were here have been removed, with the idea that the 3 way point will be in the fiddle yard and will assist with the running round/ freeing up of locos instead. The points were giving me a bit of hassle anyway. Obviously still need painting and ballasting.

post-6849-0-75723900-1356910606.jpg 

A final shot of a couple of 37's in the loco stabling line. They will probably sit there now until the new year.

post-6849-0-28695200-1356910613.jpg

Cheers

Scott

Archived