2mm Expo 2011

2mm Andy

This year's '2mm Expo' is now only just over a week away on 11th June 2011, and as no-one else on here has mentioned it I thought I'd create a thread for it

The venue is the Keighley Model Railway Club clubrooms at:-

Units T1/T3, 3rd Floor, Keighley Business Centre, Knowle Mill, South Street, Keighley, BD21 1SY.

The premises are close to the town centre and railway station, and have off-street parking.

Opening times are 11am until 5pm, and admission will be £4.00.

Layouts booked include the following:

Framsden – David Eveleigh (winner of the 2010 2mm Scale Association Golden Jubilee Layout Challenge)

Fresherwater – Ian Morgan (as seen on Ian's blog on RMWeb)

Llangerisech – Nigel Ashton;

Mayfield Street – David Long;

Sauchenford – Colin Brady;

Shunting plank layout and wagon building demo – Andy Hanson (as featured on my blog on RMWeb)

Shunting plank - John Ireland;

Unnamed layout – Mark Austen.

Some of the above layouts are 'work in progress' to show some of the techniques used in 2mm modelling.

Traders booked so far:

The 2mm Central Shop

Other attractions:

DCC clinic – Nigel Cliffe

Test track – Keighley club test track with 2mm line will be available for running your stock on.

There will also be a few other demonstrations arranged, including a soldering technique clinic.

Hope to see a few RMWeb members there?

Andy

I'm not in a position to go this year but I went last year (When it was in Oxford) and had never before seen so much high quality modelling under one roof. I urge anyone who is undecided about going to do so, you will not regret it - and I speak as an EM modeller who's never tackled either 2mm or N gauge in his life!

One request to the organisers. Please do something about the signposting. Last year I'd actually given up trying to find the venue and was on my way home when pure fluke meant a set of red traffic lights brought me to a halt in exactly the right place to spot a signpost actually within the venue's car park. One car more or less in front of me and I would never have seen it.

I'm not in a position to go this year but I went last year (When it was in Oxford) and had never before seen so much high quality modelling under one roof. I urge anyone who is undecided about going to do so, you will not regret it - and I speak as an EM modeller who's never tackled either 2mm or N gauge in his life!

One request to the organisers. Please do something about the signposting. Last year I'd actually given up trying to find the venue and was on my way home when pure fluke meant a set of red traffic lights brought me to a halt in exactly the right place to spot a signpost actually within the venue's car park. One car more or less in front of me and I would never have seen it.

Mike,

This year's Expo won't be on the same scale as the Golden Jubilee 'do' last year (by it's nature it was a bit of a one-off and consquently the 2mm Scale Association splashed out a bit more than usual), but should nevertheless be a good show.

As the person who got the job of puttting out the signs last year, signposting the venue last year was a bit of a nightmare - the local council were very hot on removing 'unauthorised' signs from the main road and as parking at the venue was very limited, we did our best to encourage visitors to use the 'park and ride' service which stopped at the end of the access road to the venue. All the advance publicity had directions and guidance on travel to the venue, and we didn't get many reports of problems.

Andy

• RMweb Gold

Sadly can't make it this year...

...have used up all my 'flight tokens set aside for purely self indulgent trips' already this year...and its only just June :negative:

Have fun though...am sure it will be a great show...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived