47790 in Northern Belle livery

Hi,

DRS has been awarded the contract to operate and supply the VSOE's Northern Belle luxury excursion land cruise train. To mark the occasion, they have repainted Class 47 No. 47790 in Northern Belle Crimson Lake and Cream livery:

http://www.flickr.co...ire/5767761015/

They will repaint another loco (number unkown) to work alongside 47790.

Looks pretty smart I think and it shows that the Class 47's have still got a bit off life left in them!

Simon

• RMweb Gold

Hi,

DRS has been awarded the contract to operate and supply the VSOE's Northern Belle luxury excursion land cruise train. To mark the occasion, they have repainted Class 47 No. 47790 in Northern Belle Crimson Lake and Cream livery:

Errr - cough

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/37949-chester-26-may-2011/

There was a cl50 to work with it and of course the 73

The class 73 was actually painted and branded to match VSOE's British Pullman set that is a sister train to the Northern Belle. Same (similar?) colours but carrying the Pullman name rather than Northern Belle as the class 47 does.

Peter

Crimson Lake?? that would suggest a shade of red rather than the brown that 47790 carries. Its more like the Pullman Umber.

Hi,

Sorry if I got it wrong, I was going by a caption of a picture in the latest issue of the Railway Magazine!

oh, sorry Dave, didn't see that, nice pictures!

Simon

There was a cl50 to work with it and of course the 73

There were never any 50's in Pullman umber and cream unless I am mistaken.

50017 was painted in LMS Crimson Lake/Gold Bands to match Duchess of Hamilton when Northern Belle were going to pay for the re-streamlining. Thankfully the 50 is now going back into a 'proper' livery.

Archived