steve fay

OK well you asked for it, Not so much back of a fag packet but a paint brush and the floor!!!attachicon.gifimage.jpg

And looking toward Paddington, With a lot of imagination!!!!

Now that is the way to plan a layout, none of that fancy computer rubbish, lots of imagination and plenty of space! 

Really looking forward to this being built.

Graham.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm making a slow but sure start on the railway room today, removing all the bar bits and shelving etc and a good clean up.

To coin an old BR slogan where getting there.

I've used all the shelving timber and 80% completed the extension. I'm going to be left with a bit more room than I first thought which is good as I would like to keep some of the seating from the bar for guests and a place to enjoy a beer.

Timber T & G is going on and we are getting closed in. Starting to feel more like a room now than a semi open garden bar.

Edited by steve fay
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

The layout outline painted on the floor of the railway room gives you a good guide of the space needed.

When I first saw it I thought it was one of those scene of crime things where they put white lines around a body but suddenly realised it was your track plan :O

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

That's it, brilliant.

Not sure my wife would be happy if I did similar on the carpet in my railway room but a great way of finding out if it all fits.

Hi Two Tone

No need top draw/chalk/paint the carpet, just use wallpaper backing sheet to mark your railway on.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/67810-brisbane-roada-new-pig-lane/?p=936565

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 1

Here we are warts and all, still along way off but I've got the winter to work on it. Door needed next then sort out the weather proofing on the extension,

post-5983-0-30903700-1379063497_thumb.jpg

Andy when ever you want a return visit just say as the layout will be going down the club room by the end of the month.

• Like 4

Hello Steve,

any chance of a full on shot of the bar area before it's all boxed in?

Soon be the 21st. I'm taking eight as normal are you doing the same?

I may take two for the Sunday as well, as we always seem to run out! I'll see if I can get some interesting sausage as well. Hope Pete gets some of that treacle cured bacon. Yum Yum.

OzzyO.

PS. you beat me to it, you posted as I was writing.

Edited by ozzyo

post-5983-0-55431200-1379091116_thumb.jpg

He we go mate ( Oz ) I'm still keeping around 4 to 6 stools & the fridge so its still a bar but with model layouts. I find most modellers like a beer or two.

Yes 8 for next week hopefully rhymney beer this time. None for me on Sunday though.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

He we go mate ( Oz ) I'm still keeping around 4 to 6 stools & the fridge so its still a bar but with model layouts. I find most modellers like a beer or two.

Yes 8 for next week hopefully rhymney beer this time. None for me on Sunday though.

Do you support Wales by any chance, who is that bird? in the chair, I've been leg less but not headless!

If them bottles are full I'll be down very soon!

OzzyO.

I've recently come across this picture of RB and its another wagon I can use, it's printed gas oil on the sole bar, can any one shed a light on the wagon and prototype.

Thanks

Edited, scanned picture is to big I will resize it tomorrow

post-5983-0-73376300-1379622258_thumb.jpg

Edited by steve fay
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

post-5983-0-38083400-1381592830_thumb.jpg

Here's another picture of RB from the archive, my car has cost an absolute fortune this last month so work on the room conversion has almost ground to a halt, but on a better note the Heljan western should be with me late next week even though this is going under the tree for Christmas. It will of course be tested out on Canton to make sure everything's OK. I think I will have to try and see if I can get a set of Severn Mill plates as a stoking filler as well.