Foxcote New Pit - formerly Highbury Colliery

queensquare

Hint: in this case, you will need to read them. There is one part that must be done in exactly the specified order, otherwise it goes horribly wrong.

Chris

This sounds like a challenge :declare: I'll have to get one of the GNR ones now, without ticking the box for the instructions. :senile:

• RMweb Gold

Came across these couple of shots last night whilst looking for something else so thought I would pop them up.

post-1074-0-69878000-1330501226_thumb.jpg

The first picture sees Bodmin indulging in a spot of shunting.

post-1074-0-19867300-1330501315_thumb.jpg

This one is for bcn Pete and shows an unaltered Farish 08 which I had chipped for a customer - completely forgot I had snapped it on the colliery to see how it looked. Banger blue looks quite good I think.......needless to say Kim's not so keen on this one!

Jerry

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

This one is for bcn Pete

Thanks Jerry...that's the last thing I was expecting when scrolling down...

Banger blue looks quite good I think.......needless to say Kim's not so keen on this one!

This layout could run all era's and still look fantastic...but (for me) that image is particularly compelling.

One could imagine it trundling around, displacing wagons whilst a Blue/grey DMU passes by in front...stop me if I am getting boring... :D

PS. They are both terrific photos...

Edited by bcnPete

• RMweb Gold

One could imagine it trundling around, displacing wagons whilst a Blue/grey DMU passes by in front...stop me if I am getting boring... :D

Do you mean like this.......another shot from a few years ago - that water tower isn't there any more.

Jerry

post-1074-0-39951700-1330557992_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Case in point!

This layout could stretch its legs in BR Blue ALL day at an exhibition....and still attract big attention.

Don't let Kim read that!...

• RMweb Gold

That bus is a bit unlikely for the early 70s, though.

Chris

So is the LNWR bolster in the siding! Not sure why the bus is there - I had probably plonked it there on its way to the display cabinet, I have a number of these rather nice OBs.

Jerry

• RMweb Gold

Just back from a very enjoyable weekend exhibiting in Macclsefield and again local members were encouraged to bring along their 2FS locos to turn a wheel on Highbury. The Blackberry Black beauty that arrived and was quickly put to work has to rank right up there the MR spinner in terms of quality, good looks, and complete innapropriateness for work on the colliery - perfect for this thread then!!

Sadly I only had my phone available to record events but hopefully the resulting snaps aren't too bad.

post-1074-0-21134900-1331503201_thumb.jpg

post-1074-0-72192700-1331503221_thumb.jpg

post-1074-0-96982700-1331503237_thumb.jpg

post-1074-0-97253900-1331503251_thumb.jpg

post-1074-0-37900600-1331503268_thumb.jpg

For the record, the LNWR Prince of Wales 4-6-0 belongs to Nick Dearnley and was built by John Greenwood.

Jerry

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Years ago Nick exhibited a lovely little Midland layout. Does he still have it or a replacement one?

Don

No he sold it about twenty years ago to George Nutter, no idea what happened to it after that.

Jerry

• RMweb Gold

I remember George. He was a policeman and drove into our yard in the police car half full of MDF he had picked up off the motorway. I think he was hoping to scrouge some wire. A bit of a character George. Mind you I think he raised money for charity with his layout.

Don

• RMweb Premium

Years ago Nick exhibited a lovely little Midland layout. Does he still have it or a replacement one?

Don

I think I remember that, was it a terminus with an overall roof?

Thanks,

Dave.T

• RMweb Premium

I think I remember that, was it a terminus with an overall roof?

Thanks,

Dave.T

I believe that would be Bollingrove, Railway of the Month in the January '84 RM. From memory the locos in the accompanying photos were courtesy of Richard and Tim.

Michael

Edited by 2mm Dabbler

I believe that would be Bollingrove, Railway of the Month in the January '84 RM. From memory the locos in the accompanying photos were courtesy of Richard and Tim.

Michael

I think the locos were probably Mike Raithby's and Tim's

• RMweb Premium

Michael

Yes, thats the one I'm thinking of Michael, thanks very much.

I saw it in the flesh a couple of times, it was exquisite.

Cheers,

Dave.

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Nicely settled in our hotel in York ready for the show this weekend. Of for a walk around the walls followed by a couple of hours in the railway museum before setting the layout up this afternoon at the Racecourse.

Should be a good weekend. Alan Whitehouse, amongst others is, is helping us out so am hopeful of some exotic and unusual guest locos!

Drop by and say hello if you are at the show.

Jerry