QUAI:87

Brian Harrap

https://www.tramwayinfo.com/Tramframe.htm?https://www.tramwayinfo.com/Models/Makersuk/Cornell.htm

"We regret that Chris Cornell kits are no longer available."

Oh that's annoying! I was after a Preston tram for Horsley Bank to replace the butchered Corgi one that's been trundling back and forth for years!

S

Some of the plastic kits on eBay are pretty good and quite cheap. The London ones are pretty specific to London, but the Tower Models SHMD one is pretty general in application and has bogies, so more wheels to pick up from and smoother riding. Keil Kraft ones are OK but not quite as good. Hadfield ones are a bit on the crude side, IMHO.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Lovely work Brian, but then its what we've come to expect.

Grahame

p.s. were your ears burning yesterday I was on your patch discussing this very model !

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I've just come back from the continent and I think I know what ultimately happened to Quai:87 .....

zob.jpg.7698e40ea45aeae399c9c6b791158f5b.jpg

.... lots of tarmac, now a bus station.

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 7
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 16/05/2019 at 15:52, Neil said:

I've just come back from the continent and I think I know what ultimately happened to Quai:87 .....

zob.jpg.7698e40ea45aeae399c9c6b791158f5b.jpg

.... lots of tarmac, now a bus station.

Not a lot of people know that.

B

• Funny 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Neil said:

Then you'll be needing a new challenge. There's even some video footage ....

That video needs a warning about the appalling cinematography. Even with dark glasses on, the way the camera is very quickly rotated was very painful on my eyes.

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 15/06/2019 at 10:50, Neil said:

Then you'll be needing a new challenge. There's even some video footage ...

Nearby and slightly more conventional is the Santa Teresa Tramway. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Teresa_Tram. I read on Wikipedia that the original ancient toastrack trams have been replaced -- a pity, as these were properly venerable giving out lots of appealing creaks and squeaks. Wikipedia makes it all seem fairly rational but in fact the rather frequent mishaps (I went on it about three months before the serious accident in 2011), the fact that it runs through some colourful neighbourhoods, and the general atmosphere of Rio make it very memorable. Would make a fantastic model (with its 'very unusual' gauge), so long as you can work out how to stop everything rolling down the hill :D

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, ianathompson said:

Hope you have better luck with the Rivarossi monstrosity as a runner than I have had, should you remove it from the flat wagon!

Ian T

Rest easy Ian, the item on the flat is some sort of plastic manikin I picked up at the local market for four quid.

Baron.

• Friendly/supportive 1