QUAI:87

Brian Harrap

Just brilliant, genius; and it surely must the first and only layout to date to warn of the perils of GM products. In fact those flowers look far too healthy on the barge too. The Baron is up to something.

Hmmm, maybe the flowers could do with a bit of weathering.........weathering flowers! - what in the worlds goin' on........whenaya goina let me get on with some proper modellin'.

post-5773-0-95577100-1345836995_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Here's a shot of the other side taken last week. It seems to have aquired a lick of paint since then.

Howard

post-12623-0-17542900-1345486571_thumb.jpg

A lick of paint doesn't quite cover it Howard. There is a bit of paint on there but most of the texturing and colouring has been done with chalks over the basic (photographic?) grey. I am quite pleased with how the simulated panelling joins on the roof turned out using chalks alone over the grey. I laid a strip of masking tape along the roof (Evergreen metal siding) where I wanted to simulate a join, or overlap (too thick to make a real overlap) and then brushed up weathering coloured chalks to the 'ridge'. Remove tape and repeat. The first 'ridge' didn't disappear when I did the second. Brian.

post-5773-0-46805600-1345978943_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

As I have spent my entire life in the hometown of ASEA... Västerås, Sweden, some things from this enterprise has found their way into my collection. And one such thing is the promo leaflet for the above mentioned locomotive.

RcTriBo.jpg

ygberg

I spent many happy hours on Vasteras Station watching RC6's and X12's coming and going back in the early 00's. A visit about three years ago was a bit disappointing because most of the loco hauled services had been replaced by units.

• RMweb Gold

Perhaps you should buy a few cans of 'Olfactory Airs', or whatever they're called, to spray around, Brian!

Please....., oh please, let me assure you all, there's no need for that, especially when the dinner menu of the average Premier Inn the night before is more than adequate for the purpose alluded to.... :lol:

Thank you, Jack. Pleased you like it. I think I might just give up my old method of crinkling up aluminum foil from old fag packets in granny's curling tongs to do tin roofs, Brian.

'Ang on there, young 'Arrap! The old ways is always the best. I don't 'old with these new-fangled ideas!

• 2 weeks later...

Re6/6 of this parish has kindly donated a tree to QUAI:87. Now I have to decide if one tree is enough or not enough or too many. What do you think, personally, contrary to all percived wisdom ('hundreds more trees required etc etc), I was quite satisfied with my non-tree layout, Brian.

post-5773-0-00623600-1347214969_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold

While the tree is simply superb, it is your layout, and now you've planted it and offered the riff-raff an opportunity to comment you may do exactly as you choose.

ISTR many year ago the slogan "Plant a tree in '73", to which the following year some wag added "Use a saw in '74"!

• Like 3

To tree or not to tree? That is the question.

By branching out into greenery are you turning a new leaf?

Hideous puns aside, personally I'd vote in favour of the foliage. Looking at its location, away from buildings and other infrastructure, why would anyone bother to cut it down? There would probably be other shrubs in the surrounding area, for the same reason.

Cheers,

Will

• Like 1

I rather like that tree - looks quite nice just there but would it look better if it acquired a bit of industrial grime to match its surroundings (or has it just rained?).

Weathering trees now is it........I'm sure a whole book could be written about that. (ha ha) Brian

• Like 1