Fuelling Point

Crisis Rail

Slight change.

One track has been extended to run through the layout - changed mind after adding the embankments....mellow.gif

The Fuel Storage Tanks act as an excellent scenic break.

Fiddle Yards at both ends to allow various stock to "run through" for fuelling.

post-7252-0-81255900-1309267297_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

very nice, is this reverting to somehting like peak forest, its looking great

Neil

I have seen far too many images of Ipswich with associated Freightliner 47 / 57 huh.gif

Not based on Ipswich or anywhere in particular - just a generalized perception of what I have seen on visits and in publications.

2 Helly 47 Fliners in the pipeline at present - hopefully with bodyshells intact....

Looking good, can I ask what you used under the plaster to build up the embankments? I am in the process of building some myself.

Many thanks

Leon

Th embankments on this layout are mainly to give more height when I add Trees and Foilage

One and a half Inch by quarter inch wood strip around the side stood on edge and glued down with "No Nails"

Cardboard (Carling Lager 12 can pack) biggrin.gif cut in strips to suit areas and corners and tacked in to the wood on the top.

Card bent down glued with "No Nails" to form embankment and tacked into place until dry - remove tacks when set.

Plaster filler added to give texture - moisture of the filler sometimes soaks and forms the cardboard to give "undulations"

The embankments will be grassed and foilage clumped then tree lined with Sea Moss trees from International models

Ian

Track ballasted between the hard standings which have been sprayed near simulated concrete and masked ready for spraying.

post-7252-0-88897400-1310046943_thumb.jpg

post-7252-0-31721300-1310047126_thumb.jpg

post-7252-0-41849200-1310047216_thumb.jpg

Ballast sprayed masking removed - drying off overnight ready for drybrushing all areas then Weathered Black sprayed and washed

into the tracks and over the centre pits later tomorrow.

post-7252-0-11808500-1310047068_thumb.jpg

Buildings - Container added as a trial - getting there.......!

post-7252-0-80312600-1310047774_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Thats coming along nicely, very neat work..

What concrete colour spray did you use? looks like just what im after..

Cheers

Scott

Railmatch 1206 Rail Grey it has still to be drybrushed to give it a "dusty" appearence then oilstained in places.

Ian

• Like 1

Drybrushing of concrete hardstanding to give a dusted effect.

post-7252-0-14023600-1310054381_thumb.jpg

Shelter (Gel Superglued) and temporarily added - pumps screen and detailing next.

post-7252-0-77515600-1310054594_thumb.jpg

Oil staining of sleepers and spill areas tomorrow - electrics then foilage - lights and trees which are on order.

• Like 1

Hi

I like your latest effort, very much my kind of thing as you can see here - http://www.rmweb.co....rd/page__st__25

Just one question are you planning on fitting any lighting - I would.

David

Cant see how I have missed your thread in the past - good work and very well observed David - more plagarism for myself.....biggrin.gif B&W photos excellent.

Yes lights to be added around the FP also Express bufferbeam stop light on order.

• RMweb Gold

Coming on very well.

The banks along the back make a good change and allows some 'greenery' to contrast with the oil / fuel and general muck.

The porta-cabins and other details sit nicely in the scene.

Due to the completion and selling of CT (Castleton) I am attempting to faithfully model a fuelling point based generally on somewhere but nowhere in particular.I have detracted from naming it after "Street" or "Road" as it has become tedious even trying to think up a name that sounds vaguely correct and is not a real place.

My boss's name is Neville Lane - always thought that sounded like a good name for a loco depot layout - elements of Neville Hill (Leeds) and Ripple Lane (East London)......

On Preston Station early this morning waiting for 55022 passing LE from Bury ELR to Carnforth and hopefully catching a 60 on the Lindsay Oil Tanks..... 70006 was rostered for the Basford to Carlisle Engineers - a half decent machine - all good fun - Thought the Network Rail depot opposite looked familiar with derelict 1970's brick platelayers style buildings and the usual Portacabins / Linesides with Steel security fencing.

post-7252-0-70413200-1310161678_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Ian. As usual another brilliant little layout in the making. I like your choice of colour for the concrete (always something I struggle with) and the Bachmann portacabins look very nice, infact it would seem silly to buy the Knightwing ones now.

Keep up the good work and keep us informed about choice of colours and materials

Cheers

Guy

Grime Time.....

post-7252-0-88953300-1310649112_thumb.jpg

Instead of just a usual pass sprayover with Railmatch Weathered Black I decided to spray then remove / wash in with thinners to allow the concrete base to show.

Not a usual method which had its moments including the plasticard grid covers lifting due to excess thinners.

Buildings temporarily added with WILLS barriers - looking at bit exposed at present without the finer detailing parts but getting there.

post-7252-0-55844800-1310649372_thumb.jpg

post-7252-0-37563700-1310649471_thumb.jpg

Plenty of bits on order - also financial constraints due to a heavy eBay session.....huh.gif

• Like 4