For the use of SWAG modular layout contributors

SWAG Module Role Call

Stubby47

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Right-o, apart from one remaining possible contender, this is the proposed layout for the modules :

post-7025-0-53757200-1326200391.gif

As no-one else has volunteered to build the second corner unit, I'll do that too.

I'm also planning to build another 2ft module, and I can bring Frenzied Wharf too, to help balance the legs.

Does anyone have any further suggestions on how to fit these modules in ?

CK, do you think you could use the rest of the room for another exhibit (hmm, a certain N.Wales based micro layout springs to mind) ?

Stu

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Ok chaps, time for a quick catch up on everyone's state of play.

Me - Module 3 (small straight unit) - more or less done, just needs trees and the signal box planting.

Me - Module 2 (corner unit) - track bed down, some ground work formers done, should be finished end of this month

Me - Module 1 - not actually started yet, this is planned for April, using foamboard as the frame

My Dad (Neil) - 40" module moreor less complete, some final detailing being added.

So, how far is everyone else ?

• RMweb Gold

Tim,

As at post #28, give or take a few inches ( say 12) in length. We have two small modules to fit where the ? Is, but I might swap my Dad's for BlackRat's to give slightly more room inbetween.

Is that accurate enough?

Stu

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi all,

I've been asked by His Pastiness to collate values of anything to do with the Module Project for insurance purposes.

To all Module Makers

Please can all module makers PM me with an approximate value of their module (only).

To any else bringing stock

Separately, I also need to collate insurance values for anyone bringing stock to run on the Module Project - again, please can you PM with me with values.

Many thanks

Stu

PS - can all values be in £ Sterling, not the equivalent in Pasties (Hot or Cold) or this weeks' cost of fuel.

• RMweb Gold

Stu,

Is that 'replacement value' or 'actual value' (e.g. the track I'm using cost 2/6d a yard and is no longer made, the plywood came from a company which has closed down and other pits have come from redundant domestic packaging but Hydrocal definitely isn't free)?

"other pits" - just how big is this module ??? :O

I guess it's what you'd claim for the value for insurance purposes if you had to replace 'like with new' - so new track, wood etc.

Stu

• RMweb Gold

With just a few weeks to go, I thought I'd update you with progress on my 3 modules...

Corner Module #1 - the scratch built buildings scene

Most of the buildings are mostly done or complete, the exception being the wooden shed (2012 Scratchbuild entry #2), however there is no baseboard built or track laid. This should be rectified this weekend.

Corner Module #2 - the weird one...

This has the baseboard complete, the track needs laying and wiring, and there are a few scenic items to finish off, but all is on target.

Module #3 - The Signalman

this is by far the most advanced, all that remains is the addition of more treesand the final darkening of all the scenery. The bonus item is a sound track to be supplied by Trisonic ;)

Don't forget to make your bridges to connect the modules!

Dad's module is finished, I've seen the photos and it looks quite a busy scene, people-wise - the complete opposite to mine.

How are you all doing ?

• RMweb Premium

I'm just about finished now , I've been playing with a backscene to add some depth to the

scenic countryside view , just need to work out where to stick the drawing pins .

Looking forward to seeing all these linked up .

• RMweb Premium

With just a few weeks to go, I thought I'd update you with progress on my 3 modules...

however there is no baseboard built or track laid. This should be rectified this weekend.

Corner Module #2 - the weird one...

This has the baseboard complete, the track needs laying and wiring,

How are you all doing ?

Hi Stu , can you give me some idea of the curve radius you will be going for , I only

ask because I wonder if a couple of my 8 legger kit built loco's would go round them okay .

Cheers .

• RMweb Gold

Hi Stu , can you give me some idea of the curve radius you will be going for , I only

ask because I wonder if a couple of my 8 legger kit built loco's would go round them okay .

Cheers .

Hi Mike,

The inner curve should be no less than 30" radius, possbily nearer 32".

Hope that's enough.

Stu

Archived