LT Resources

Like many others, I used to think that the Underground was not a 'proper' railway, and lacked interest. After 10 years of working on it, and with no disrespect to anyone on the 'Big Railway', I now say think again! There are many many interesting things down there, it has a great history (with lots still to see), and I reckon the big boys could even learn a few things from its day to day operations.

Stewart

• 6 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello Underground Modellers

Can I take this opportunity to let you know that The Wishlist Poll 2014 contains an Underground category this year. If you want to have a look a what we have listed, please click on the link that is up in the banner headline of the RMweb home page. Take a look at The Guide first as this will explain how we have approached the subject.

We have had the help of the Modelling Officer of the London Underground Railway Society. We are 'testing the water' this year - if only a handful of people vote, then we may take it out next year.

Brian Macdermott (on behalf of The Poll Team)

Oh dear, Not good news for Radley Models or Metromodels, who have kept us LT modellers supplied with rolling stock for so many years. If it spurs Phil Radley and John Polley to lift their game in reply it can only be good for LT modelling. But, as I;ve said previously, cherrypicking the more popular/lucrative models by the RTR manufacturers may undermine Phil Radley's and John Polley's businesses, leaving us with fewer models than we had before the RTR boys became interested in us, at least in the short term.

• RMweb Gold

Hello GoingUnderground

The Poll Team received many requests over the past three years to include Underground. If we get little interest, then we'll simply drop it next year.

John Polley and I have been in touch, and I have made a specific point of mentioning his website over on our thread entitled The Wishlist Poll 2014. John has kindly invited me to 'go behind the scenes' at Abbey Road at the Great Electric Train Show this weekend.

Brian (on behalf of The Poll Team)

Both Phil and John are constantly upping their respective games and improving their models. It will take a long time (if ever) for the mainstream manufactures to catch up. Most of the RTR "Underground" models are reliveried but authentic stock, including the Pannier& Praire tanks, LT 150 Class 20's with the first RTR pure Underground Loco the Met Electric Bo Bo due from Heljan soon.

The only Underground trains anywhere near RTR are the EFE 38 and 59 stock however a lot of work is required to make then run well with parts to do this available from both Phil and John!

The Bachmann S Stock rumour appears to be just that! ( or is it still hush hush LOL)How many modellers would want an 7/8 coach train and be able to afford to purchase if it ever was produced? I think the project if it ever existed is we'll under the ground now!

• RMweb Premium

The Heljan Bo-Bo will need something to pull, so 'Dreadnought' coaches might be a possibility, and from them 'T' stock is also possible. Now that EFE is tied in with Bachmann we might even see working 38/59/62 stock.

• 1 year later...

Archived