Mudmagnet's Workbench

• RMweb Gold

Just completed, a mess office, largely based upon the one I made for Oakley Green.

I've drawn this up in 2D CAD and then exported files to enable templates and windows to be cut on my Silhouette cutter. Certainly makes life much simpler using the cut windows and easy to repeat as many times as needed.

post-7854-0-10815500-1525711526_thumb.jpg

post-7854-0-17601600-1525711543_thumb.jpg

• Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

A few photos of my latest project (a commission) for a large depot. This one is 750mm long!

Still need to finish the exterior painting and make a start on the interior.

post-7854-0-60649900-1527272863_thumb.jpg

post-7854-0-23339900-1527272886_thumb.jpg

post-7854-0-06676200-1527272907_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Looking good Richard, l do love a depot layout steam or diesel l love them all, will the roof be removable ?

George, the centre sections are removable - the holes in the roof sections as they are. I've needed to keep the openings small to maintain some strength in the structure as needs to be transported to the client. If being built onto a layout directly, then would make the opening much are larger as an flex in the building less of an issue.

Very impressive Richard, looks a big build.

Rob, thanks. Overall length is 750mm, so quite a large building!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
On 27/06/2019 at 17:04, mudmagnet said:

A small diversion from 00 modelling - a couple of 0 gauge wagons.

P6230011.JPG

Nice job Richard,  are these the Parkside kits? I was tempted to buy one myself, are they easy to put together? Thanks 

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, 37114 said:

Nice job Richard,  are these the Parkside kits? I was tempted to buy one myself, are they easy to put together? Thanks 

Thanks Rob

Yes Parkside Kits and recommended. Quite straightforward to put together. There is quite a bit of underframe detail included,  which you also get on the other Parkside kits and Slaters. Again not difficult to assemble but just take your time.

Look great when weathered and really bring them to life. One much more heavily weathered. 

I do need to make some removable loads and have a few ideas.....

• RMweb Premium

Hi Richard

I guess you’re all off work, so providing your good lady wife hasn’t got to many jobs for you  might get some modelling time.

Terry 

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, ELTEL said:

Hi Richard

I guess you’re all off work, so providing your good lady wife hasn’t got to many jobs for you  might get some modelling time.

Terry 

Hi Terry,

Fortunately or not depending upon point of view, I am still working from home. I have enough to keep me busy for next week - after that not so sure … could be another couple of weeks or so with no work, but more modelling time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Now being furloughed, I have been able to get on with a few projects that I started months ago. One of which is my Judith Edge Ruston Hornsby 165DS loco which will be EM gauge. 

Mostly assembled apart from fitting the lamp brackets. I have a rolling chassis but stripped back ready for cleaning and primer once the lamp brackets have been fitted. The brakes have also been fitted since photos were taken. 

20200407_224817.jpg

20200407_224833.jpg

20200407_224905.jpg

Edited by mudmagnet
  • Like 7
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

The tanks nearing completion. A little more weathering to be added using my airbrush to add a little more 'dirt / oil' and then will be finished. 

Mainly scratchbuilt, with ladders from Scale Model Scenery and a few items such as the handrails that I have 3D printed.

20200616_214752.jpg

20200616_214811.jpg

• Like 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 29/06/2020 at 08:10, georgeT said:

See you have been busy Richard, nice collection of buildings..

Thanks George. 

Yes been busy with commissions but have assembled and painted more EM gauge and 0 gauge wagons for my own projects. 

Edited by mudmagnet
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Another depot on the go. This time in 7mm scale.

Based upon Buxton, but shortened to less than half full length, width reduced and office block moved to opposite. The office block also reduced in the length. Overall length 600mm

Plasticard construction, inner and outer walls in 40 thou with 80thou spacers. The brick work being from South Eastern Finecast and cladding using Evergreen siding. I'm waiting for the corrugated plastic sheet to be delivered before finishing the roof. The interior will also be 'white-washed'.

Windows and internal trusses / frame to be fitted next. I will 3D print some vents for the roof and probably fit these before adding the cladding.

Buxton 10 sml.jpg

Buxton 11 sml.jpg

Buxton 12 sml.jpg

Buxton 13 sml.jpg

Buxton 14 sml.jpg

Buxton 15 sml.jpg

• Like 5
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1