Mudmagnet's Workbench

Great progress Richard. Quick question, are you selling prints of the 7mm fuel pump on page 4 please? I am thinking of doing a small diorama once the layout is finished and one of those would be perfect. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 10/01/2021 at 19:57, wagonbasher said:

Ive no idea what they are but they look great.

Andy

Hi Andy

Many thanks.

They operated in pairs to lift rails or whole track sections. A temporary rail was laid alongside the existing track, on which these two ran on these rails.

Link to YouTube video showing a pair in operation. Not sure if this is typical, but gives a good indication!

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, 37114 said:

Great progress Richard. Quick question, are you selling prints of the 7mm fuel pump on page 4 please? I am thinking of doing a small diorama once the layout is finished and one of those would be perfect. 

Thanks Rob, yes I am selling these. I will drop you a pm

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, bgman said:

Hi Rich,

I've just come across the thread and all of the work you've been doing, especially impressed with the 3D printed items.

G

Hi G

Thanks.

3D printing has opened up a whole host of possibilities! I have had a filament printer for well over a year now, but added the resin printer recently, which allows much finer details to be printed. The handrails on the operator cage on the side of the Donelli is only 0.5mm wide!

Takes quite a few  hours work on the 3D CAD to get the drawings done though, plus the printing time. The main body of these Donelli takes 5 hours to print!

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Between working on various 3D CAD / 3D resin printing projects, I have been assembling an Intentio plate layers hut, which will be fitted to a diorama when finished. 

I still need to finish the chimney breast and roof, along with more weathering on the sleepers.

20210124_095430.jpg

20210124_095444.jpg

20210124_095458.jpg

• Like 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• RMweb Gold

Returning to the track maintenance wagons for the moment, currently working on the lifting beam used with a pair of Donelli - part 3D CAD model shown (not all of the lifting eyes are shown, but printed on the part itself). I need to get a couple together.

Next being worked on are the cranes as used on the Salmons and Sturgeons.

Screenshot 2021-01-23 200402.png

• Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• 2 weeks later...