Where Are We All?

Given the size of Australia (and do we include our mates from across the 'dutch'), it might be worth knowing who is based where, so that we can identify who is local to who.Happy to start the ball rolling.

I'm Jon and I live in Kellyville, North West Sydney. Anybody else nearby?

• RMweb Premium

Nearest city of consequence is Melbourne.

Nearest railway station is Leawarra. I would say "full sized" but as it has the shortest platform in Victoria (even after the recent lengthening) that may be open to debate!

That puts me very close to a couple of earlier posters and within easy driving distance of several members of the Blackburn Thread Hijack Group. :laugh:

Hi John,

You are possibly the only one in Sydney.

I am in Bendigo Vic. A little further from Melbourne than I'd like.

I'm a member of BRMA, but only get to a meeting every six months. I plan to attend the meeting in July.

I model LNER and BR + 1 VR Tclass and a German class 103 electric/Trans europe express which I have had for about 25 years.

Have just been to the UK and France for 5 weeks. Lots of Trains and railways of all sizes seen.

We have a John Harbour in the Bendigo Model Railway club here. Maybe related?

Mark

Puckapunyal, Victoria. BRMA member, but I've not attended many meetings of late, due to distance, timing, and lack of N gauge. I'm a minority :yahoo: .

Have just returned from a work trip in the US, from summer to winter.

My kith and kin are in Brisbane, but I live in rainy Portland, Oregon so regrettably I'm not very close.

It's June and the summer solstice is next week, but it's warmer and dryer in Brisbane than it is here this weekend!

Unofficially, summer doesn't start here until July 5th.

Hi John,

You are possibly the only one in Sydney.

<--- Snip --->

We have a John Harbour in the Bendigo Model Railway club here. Maybe related?

Mark

Don't think he's related - but I'd love to be proven wrong!

I'm sure the MUST be somebody in Sydney! :help:

• Like 1

I have to admit I do envy you Peter - I've always wanted to explore this great country of ours. Love my 4WDing but haven't had much chance recently to do any! Still, less than three years to long service leave now.... :yahoo:

• RMweb Premium

Given the fairly decent number of us in the Melbourne region it's surprising that there aren't more of us in the other major Capitals. Or is there something I need to know :yes: :unsure: ???

I'm Jon and I live in Kellyville, North West Sydney. Anybody else nearby?

I live near Westmead. So not very far at all.

I have a bit of a collection of n gauge items but no layout yet.

Thate makes two of us GTC! I have quite a collection of N Gauge stock, but only a very rudimentary test layout (a folded over loop) to test out locos on. I have a week off work in early July where I "hope" :pleasantry: to get started on the first module of my 'real' layout.

Hello All,

I live on the Gold Coast part of West Island, having lived most of my life in Auckland, North Island!

Thanks for having me. I've taken the liberty of using the Down Under signature.

There seems to be an inordinate number of "Mexicans" here! Not that I'm saying that's a bad thing! ;)

Regards,

Les

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Mooroolbark, Vic for me.

I have been known to hijack threads, even though I don't live in Blackburn - although I know someone who does.

How are you Doug?

Kevin Martin

ps How do you put the DURM logo as a footer?

• RMweb Premium

Morning chaps!

I'm near Geelong, not far from Melbourne. I reckon Peter wins the prize for most remote!

Cheers

Jon

Jon,

I am now in Timber Creek, NT so claiming the remote prize again.

(Timber Creek is about halfway between Katherine, Northern Territory and Kununurra, Western Australia)

Peter :laugh: