Where Are We All?

• RMweb Premium

I reckon you might be warmer than we are Peter!  Alaska in summer might have a plus sign in front of the temperature ;)

Penhayle Bay will have an open-house event as summer approaches here.  It's all rather cold, dark and damp at the moment and with a distinct lack of trains.

I'll post details when a day is arranged and the event will be open to any RMwebbers as always.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

And not very far at all from myself, P.C.M. and a couple of others. 

Does that make us a cluster?

Edited by Gwiwer

And not very far at all from myself, P.C.M. and a couple of others.

Does that make us a cluster?

Yes that's right Rick, not too far at all. I could easily walk to Jeff and Doug's places in ten minutes or so.

Not sure what the collective term for a group of railway modellers is but cluster sounds good.

Cheers

Neil

Edited by Neil_S_Wood

• 2 months later...

All you lot from Adelaide should come to Sydney.... The Adeaide contingency is growing too fast.

Cheers, Gary.

Hi All,

After seeing Gary's post and counting only 2 previous Crow Eaters on this thread I decided I better put my hand up. I live down in the Christies area and have recently started getting stuck in to some modelling projects that have been stalled for more years than I care to think about.  Only recently joined the forum after spending the last couple of years just reading hence my new members post being labeled 'Ceased Lurking'

Dave  

• RMweb Premium

Richmond, Melbourne here. But originally from (Old) South Wales.

Barely a half-hour from me then so welcome to the cluster!  

I'm back from an extended visit home in a week or so and will aim to have the layout back up and running by mid-November.  As usual I'll then hold an open house before the weather gets too hot for comfort with all RM webbers invited.

I am another from Sydney, living in the Campbelltown area. I model GWR to P4 standards, and there are a few other P4 modellers in the Sydney area too. I was involved in NSW modelling for a long time, indeed my name is still listed in the AMRM contributing authors team!

Craig W

I know this is probably not the place to mention this, but for those in Sydney, I'll be exhibiting my small Inglenook layout, 'Linden Ford' at the upcoming St Lukes Model Railway Exhibition on 8th & 9th November at St Lukes Anglican Church, 157 Galston Road, Hornsby Heights. The exhibition runs from 9-5 on Saturday and 12-4 on Sunday.

Cheers, Gary.

• Like 1

I know this is probably not the place to mention this, but for those in Sydney, I'll be exhibiting my small Inglenook layout, 'Linden Ford' at the upcoming St Lukes Model Railway Exhibition on 8th & 9th November at St Lukes Anglican Church, 157 Galston Road, Hornsby Heights. The exhibition runs from 9-5 on Saturday and 12-4 on Sunday.

Cheers, Gary.

Yikes-that, the Steam to the Surf and Tongarra Train Fest on at Albion Park all on the same weekend.....this'll take careful planning!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Dunno why I haven't posted in here before either - I'm in the Sydney suburb of Bronte, modelling British Diesel (1980's to early 90's) in my garage, just up the road from the beach of the same name.

Jon Harbour knows where to find me.... If he ever returns to Sydney !

Best

Matthew

• RMweb Premium

Where are we not?  

I am not in Mongolia.  I am not in Canada.  I am not in France, Belgium, Cote d'Ivoire nor Hawaii.  

And if I'm not in any of those places I must be somewhere else.

So if I'm somewhere else I'm obviously not here ;)

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Cheers, Gary.

Gary, the layout looked very nice today (I remained incognito but I was next to you in the queue for Devonshire tea).

• 4 months later...

Hi all, I'm from beautiful beaches Beaumaris near St Helens north east coast Tasmania, planning to do a GWR, LMS, early BR(w) layout. I was born & bred in Murray Bridge Tailem Bend Area. I would love to model the old station & bridges, goods yard & river @ Murray Bridge but, if any of you guy's now the area it would be a monster layout, in 00 scale you would need almost 16m x 2m to fit it all in. Nice to dream but. I've only just joined the forum & found this site by accident, so here I am, hope we can catch up on different threads some time. Cheer's Tex.

• Like 1

Late to this thread,

Based in Brisbane and modelling OO late 1960s - mid 2000s in three distinct periods. Switched to DCC about 10 yrs ago, and run a 2 x 10 end to end urban focused  layout, mainly to showcase an indecent amount of stock collected since childhood in southern Ireland. Am planning to retire to Tassie in the near future, where hopefully I can run riot with a larger set up.

Cheers,

John

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just discovered this thread, I've been lurking in the 7mm forum.

Everyone's got to be somewhere, I'm in Lithgow NSW. We have a local club with HO and N scale railways, and I'm contemplating building some O scale modules.

Mick

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Ex Reynella, South Australia now in the UK but I get back when I can...which isn't anywhere near often enough.

Modelling the SAR ... living in northern England... it's a bit of a challenge!

Sounds good Ross. The BRMA Convention last year was based at Reynella - an excellent weekend.

• 1 month later...