Where Are We All?

Glenn those W class trams look great! Anything but the number 6 with a conny yelling " if you are a student stand up.... if there is a school bag in front of you STAND ON IT!".... ahhh a fair number of years ago....

I don't miss the school or those tram trips... 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Mark it might have been the same one. At the moment I keep driving along High st and see the de la sale boys getting on and off the same trams.... No W class all the new bombardier trams ( I guess ) the years were 1991 and 1992... Can even still remember some of the numbers 898 being one of them!

• Like 1

Obviously out of Towner... We get accustomed to go faster past the tram if they are stopping...

Must admit that the new trams keep the traffic flowing better than the old w class. I have been driving with the trams a big this week. I didn't realise how much they had all grown compared to the w class. I remember discussing with some one that Melbourne has the second widest and second longest trams In the world and we could go to the longest.. Thinking further about this I have not been on a tram in years!

• RMweb Premium

Horse can you do a hook turn please..... they are now spreading to the burbs too.... south melbourne has them! 

South Melbourne has gone all high tech with them & got flashing LED lights - and still no one knows how to use them! I wish other places would install them - corner of Chapel & Malvern Road, Prahran (near the market) would be an excellent starting point.

Edited by kevinlms

• RMweb Premium

Hi Ian,

I live in Hastings and dabble in the dark side. I have been running my layout with Digitrax for the last 8 years.

For reverse loops and live frogs I use a mixture of switching via Tortoise/Cobalt point motors and a few Tam Valley Frog juicers in hard to get to points.

Cheers

Peter

Hi Ian,

I live in Hastings and dabble in the dark side. I have been running my layout with Digitrax for the last 8 years.

For reverse loops and live frogs I use a mixture of switching via Tortoise/Cobalt point motors and a few Tam Valley Frog juicers in hard to get to points.

Cheers

Peter

Hi Peter,

Nice to meet you. I'm trying to keep my costs down, so have been purchasing gear from eBay, so I don't want to spend to much more unless it's absolutely neccessary. I've just spent about $150 on 2 new locos, (well new for me :) Australian National livery and a VR single ended "S" class), with another on watch on eBay - Flying Scotsman - so I have watch what I'm spending, being a Senior Citizen. Haven't had a layout for about 15 - 20 years, so have practically started all over again. It's only 1800mm x 1200mm but enough to play with and also for the grandson to use.

I hope you don't think I'm being to presumptuous, but would it possible for you to have a look at my layout sometime soon and give me some advice . I purchased a used Digitrax DCS50 at the recent Waverley train show, and want to get it working. I've been running in DC for testing purposes - See my post in another part of RMweb - http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/100916-eventually-going-dcc-advice-needed/- but I was advised to go straight to DCC ASAP.

I apologise once again for being presumptuous.

Thanks

• 9 months later...

Enfield, NSW. British NE Region OO

Lachlan

Hi Lachlan,

I grew up in Croydon Park and spent many an hour watching steam perform its duties at Enfield marshallig yards..I also model BR(NE). Are you a member of BRMA?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/BRdownunder/

i've been running this modelling group for a few years now. it ticks along nicely. pop in if you like :-)

(oh and i set up the group before i discovered the BRMA so similarity in the name of the group was purely coincidental. i discovered about the existence of the BRMA when people started asking membership questions)

• 8 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

For the record I shall be leaving my current "Where are we all" for home shores during the (Australian) Autumn and am not planning to return.  Last call for a trip to Penhayle Bay.  Advice and friendship will remain freely available here of course.

• 3 months later...

Looks like I'll be headed to Auckland imminently to maintain trains in sunnier climes.

All advice on the move welcome!

Are you nz local already? What's prompting the move?

Edited by Jack P

I'm coming from Bristol Uk. Landing 15th of May.

I've been offered a job at the CAF depot at a point where I'm not happy with my job, the house I was buying fell through and I'm not long out of a ltr. No time like the present!

Edited by modfather

• 3 weeks later...

Hook turns are pretty simple to do really.  More of a problem is figuring out which intersections you need to do one at and which you don't before you get there.

Anyway, I'm in Castle Hill, NSW and run a selection of Hornby Dublo 3 rail (with a couple of Trix Twin locos thrown in for a bit of variety).

• 7 months later...

Given the size of Australia (and do we include our mates from across the 'dutch'), it might be worth knowing who is based where, so that we can identify who is local to who.Happy to start the ball rolling.

I'm Jon and I live in Kellyville, North West Sydney. Anybody else nearby?

Hook turns are pretty simple to do really.  More of a problem is figuring out which intersections you need to do one at and which you don't before you get there.

Anyway, I'm in Castle Hill, NSW and run a selection of Hornby Dublo 3 rail (with a couple of Trix Twin locos thrown in for a bit of variety).

I live in Rouse Hill, NSW. Majority of my trains are British OO but I have a small collection of Lima models, including the XPT (original colours) 44 Class (Tuscan Red) and 42 Class (Indian Red) locomotives. I'm also opting for an Auscision V set, hopefully in the Blue Goose colours (black and yellow L7's).