York Model Railway Shops

narrowman

Guest stuartp

Not sure if York Model Railway next to the station is still there, it was wanted for a redevelopment of the concourse by NXEC but that's presumably on hold. Monkbar is still there, as is the NRM shop if you want to pay full RRP !

....... the NRM shop if you want to pay full RRP !

I'm in York too over the weekend :rolleyes: ,but not everything is full price at the NRM, as I reported on RMWeb3 last Nov/Dec, they had some new G2a's at ??69 each in 2008, that's not RRP.

Another thread also indicates some of the larger Posters are good (small) money too, and they don't fade quickly either.

York, so many pubs, so few days, BTW narrowman have you looked at the Gig Guide http://www.yorkgigguide.com/

Penlan

THankd for the info!

I've ordered some stuff from Monks Bar, so I'll certainly be getting there this time!

I didn't know about the Streamlined Pacific, but I did know about a steam run with Leander due to arrive at York @ 12.42

and depart @ 16.53pm!

More distractions...

Narrowman

im in york on the 28th as well, something to do with a pair of drs 37s going to newcastle on a charter :D and im going to monk bar models for some supplys and the ex rail riders is still there and trading but prices are full rrp like the nrms and cheaper of the 3 is monk bar models and i use it all the time and will always be my choice in york for getting stuff

• 7 years later...

Placed an order with Monks Bar Models at 15;50 today, shipped at 16:30 - lets see the post office keep up the speed and deliver it Monday - if they don't no worries.

I should just have bought the item at York Model railway show at Easter but i prevaricated until they had just one 2H left in blue - it was that or a DJM 71 and i decided the 2H was more in line with what i am building.

• 4 weeks later...

There's also Cutty Black's at the Wall end of Walmgate - cramped premises but a lot of stock, including North American oultine in "N", "H0" and "O" from Walthers, Athearn and Atlas.

Archived