Yard Shunter

RAY NORWOOD

Hi Ray,

The layout is looking lovely, the Grassmaster is a real boon to our hobby, & it's made your layout look smashing.

You've done a nice job on the fence posts & I've dug out some really thin fishing line for your fence wiring.

I'll bring it along to next week's club meeting.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers

Rob

HI Ray

Looking very good ,But as Mudmagnet has said it needs a color to lift it, use the winter grass lightly on the top of it and have some thicker patches as well.

I did this on my lay out over the top of the grass i put down ,and it helped to tone down the green, but looking very good .

You mastered the grass master by the looks of it!.

All the best

Darren

Hi Ray,

Looking much better now.

Might be worth adding a few patches of differing colours and then some flowers.

Hi Richard

I did think the grass is greener when it has been rainning as I have put some puddles and running water coming down the road from the bridge and into the yard, I am going to put the roughage down ones I get the grass sorted. Thank for your input Richrad.

HI Ray

Looking very good ,But as Mudmagnet has said it needs a color to lift it, use the winter grass lightly on the top of it and have some thicker patches as well.

I did this on my lay out over the top of the grass i put down ,and it helped to tone down the green, but looking very good .

You mastered the grass master by the looks of it!.

All the best

Darren

Hi Darren

Yes I'm up before the birds again,

Thanks for your input. As I have replyed to Richard, I thought the grass would be greener when it has been rainning, as I have put some puddles and running water down. But if you think it still needs taimming down.

Hi Ray,

The layout is looking lovely, the Grassmaster is a real boon to our hobby, & it's made your layout look smashing.

You've done a nice job on the fence posts & I've dug out some really thin fishing line for your fence wiring.

I'll bring it along to next week's club meeting.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers

Rob

Hi Rob

Yes the grassmaster is a boon to the hobby, I'm glad you like the fence posts and the fishing line would help very much.

thank you for the input and I will see you on tuesday.

RAY70B

Edited by RAY NORWOOD

HI Ray

Just had a look and i must say "Top bit of work" so when is your first show ?.

Glad you have had fun with the grass master ,good bit of kit and well worth the money.

This is going to be one cracking layout!, keep up the good work.

All the best

Darren

Ps i am up before the birds alarm clock have even gone off!!

Edited by darren01

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

I've started on building the coal office out of 30m plasticard and going to wrap it with Slaters embose stone with Geff Taylers brass windows and door, the roof is going to be 30m plasticard with the tiles of paper strips.

Cattle Pen floor is Slaters slabs and painted in black and wiped of then dry painted with light and dark greys the fence is of concret post with copper wire from Maplins, the post and gates are from wills.

post-3746-0-34980500-1322664065_thumb.jpg

post-3746-0-18529300-1322664084_thumb.jpg

post-3746-0-88285000-1322664112_thumb.jpg

post-3746-0-51454300-1322664137_thumb.jpg

post-3746-0-50579800-1322664271_thumb.jpg

Progress will be a bit slower as christmas presents to get. Hope to start spending again on Yard Shunter in January.

Hope you like what I have done so far.

RAY70B

• Like 2

Hi Ray,

I thought you said that Kaye was going to keep you busy with the Christmas shopping!

Your layout is really beginning to look very good, & every update looks super.

Those post & wire fences look excellent, well worth the hard work.

And the mixture of shrubs & static really are terrific.

I have every confidence that Tawbridge will develop into an equally gorgeous layout.

Keep up the good work buddy, & I'll see you Tuesday.

Rob

Hi Ray,

I thought you said that Kaye was going to keep you busy with the Christmas shopping!

Your layout is really beginning to look very good, & every update looks super.

Those post & wire fences look excellent, well worth the hard work.

And the mixture of shrubs & static really are terrific.

I have every confidence that Tawbridge will develop into an equally gorgeous layout.

Keep up the good work buddy, & I'll see you Tuesday.

Rob

Hi Rob

Thank you for your support, yes It is coming along a treat.

Kay would not let me spend any more money on modelling as I will have to spend for xmas presents.

Looking very good Ray. I've been adding grass to East Yarde as well, but I've used different colours and interesting to see the difference in appearance.

Hi Richard

I'm glad you like my what has been done so far.

I had a look at East Yarde and it is looking fantastic.

RAY70B

Edited by RAY NORWOOD

WOW!

That is looking very good indeed , now you have added more bushes and shrubs to it has really brought it out now.

I know it would be a very good looking layout and it just keeps getting better, keep up the good work.

All the best

Darren

PS , no more creeping out to the shed....LOL

Some more scenic updates

Just got to plant some trees.

The black spots and black lines are water made with several layers of PVA glue

post-3746-0-55577900-1323371917_thumb.jpg

post-3746-0-53086900-1323371943_thumb.jpg

post-3746-0-97006300-1323371964_thumb.jpg

I have made the running water on the road with several layers of PVA glue with a small paint brush

post-3746-0-52413700-1323371985_thumb.jpg

post-3746-0-27654900-1323372008_thumb.jpg

post-3746-0-87286600-1323372052_thumb.jpg

Photo's was taken with my blackberry phone

post-3746-0-74545000-1323372074_thumb.jpg

post-3746-0-53822200-1323372092_thumb.jpg

post-3746-0-33012800-1323372317_thumb.jpg

post-3746-0-32856600-1323372376_thumb.jpg

post-3746-0-00591200-1323372333_thumb.jpg

post-3746-0-32856600-1323372376_thumb.jpg

Hope you like what is done so far

RAY70B

post-3746-0-99661400-1323372350_thumb.jpg

Edited by RAY NORWOOD
  • Like 10

Hi Ray

Smashing bit of work, the layout has really come on in leaps and bounds.

As you say a few trees and it will be spot on, so when can I come over for a play?

The track work looks amazing and so much better than Peco track any day.

Keep up the good work and keep the photo coming!

All the very best

Darren

• RMweb Premium

I really like this. Not over-complicated, nothing too fussy but everything seems to blend together perfectly. I personally don't think that the grass is too bright. It's easy, at this time of year, to forget just how vivid and bright green grass can be in late Spring, especially after rain.

Hi Ray

Smashing bit of work, the layout has really come on in leaps and bounds.

As you say a few trees and it will be spot on, so when can I come over for a play?

The track work looks amazing and so much better than Peco track any day.

Keep up the good work and keep the photo coming!

All the very best

Darren

Hi Daren

I'm glade you like what I have done, and the work is fantastic lots better than Peco track.

You know you are welcome round at any time to play on yard Shunter.

RAY70B

I really like this. Not over-complicated, nothing too fussy but everything seems to blend together perfectly. I personally don't think that the grass is too bright. It's easy, at this time of year, to forget just how vivid and bright green grass can be in late Spring, especially after rain.

Hi Sandside

I'm glade you like this and thank you for your remarks. glade you like the bright colour of the grass and the water running down the road and puddles is something I have not seen on a layout before.

RAY70B

Hi

looking very good there Ray. Adding the trees/ bushes and puddles dose make a bit difference. Yes, we will have to come over for a 'play'

Hi Richard

Thanks for the comment, I am waiting for the trees to come from international models. You are wellcome round any time.

Had Darren01 around this afternoon and done a bit of shunting together, we had lots of fun.

RAY70B

Edited by RAY NORWOOD

Hi Ray

The layout looks amazing in the flesh ,just love the way you have put it together and how it draws you in to the scene .

And yes i did have fun driving your sound 08 today, got a soft spot for gronks and even better with sound!.

Thanks for letting me have a drive today, so when will be your first show? ,as this layout deserves to been seen by other modelers!.

Cracking layout Ray ,top bit of work!.

All the best

Darren01

PS .I am slowly being drawn to the dark side (DCC) ....I must resist .......

Hi Ray

The layout looks amazing in the flesh ,just love the way you have put it together and how it draws you in to the scene .

And yes i did have fun driving your sound 08 today, got a soft spot for gronks and even better with sound!.

Thanks for letting me have a drive today, so when will be your first show? ,as this layout deserves to been seen by other modelers!.

Cracking layout Ray ,top bit of work!.

All the best

Darren01

PS .I am slowly being drawn to the dark side (DCC) ....I must resist .......

Hi Darren

Glade you like it Darren, You just got to go the DCC way it is so much better and easy wiring which will help you.

I can't wait to take it to the first show.

RAY70B

Update on the coal office

I've done some morework on coal office this week.

It is made of 30th plasticard with Slaters embose stone outside, the roof is of 30th plasticard with paper cut in strips and the tiles cut and glued on with PVA. Waiting for the new year to get the windows and door from Geff Tayler.

Some pic's to date

post-3746-0-63270600-1323870612_thumb.jpg

post-3746-0-01189600-1323870629_thumb.jpg

post-3746-0-34669500-1323870636_thumb.jpg

post-3746-0-84927200-1323870645_thumb.jpg

post-3746-0-96469000-1323870652_thumb.jpg

Any comments would be wellcome/

RAY70B

• Like 2