vid of canonbury 501s

Coming along nicely Mark. I have the same Olivia's sound chip in one of my Class 501's. I think the compressor sound is more like Met A60 stock or a starter motor in a car, however it still adds that extra dimenson to a layout.

Keep up the good work.

Nigel..

..Also the cam sounds when slowing down isnt correct either that annoying whine :angry: When these used to coast in it was air pipes and HISSIS AND SPISSIS you could hear as well as that warm electrical odour. The whistle air pipes and bell are super but, as you say.. the compressor as i remember used to have a high pitch note mixed with a slight thump ticking sound the brake squeal i think is too long and its just one sound, although the reverse from forward squeal is more better the humm cam moving off sound is good but, for these emus, they need to be deeper and it cuts off too quick. When in the distance these reached a high pitch sound. ERM...over all im very happy with it :yahoo: and appreciate i have sound :yes: :drinks: we will never get the real mcCoy sound on our models :cry: but the southern class 423 veps /ceps recorded correctly! i think would be very near as damn it and the 415 epbs?. What do you say nigel? :laugh:

I think that there are many options for a good sound recording for a Class 501 believe it all not a Class 455/6 is not too bad as they are still have camshaft DC motors. The only problem would be is that the Class 501's power cars were heavier than a Class 455 and always sounded very clunky over the track joints particularly when pulling away from a station.

Nigel

Would fully agree with the heavy wheel clacking sound :yes: you could hear these well away in the distance when they used to have joins in the rails unlike today :mellow: I used to like it at night as these used to echo, thumping away on the track as well as watching them in the distance and entering the station you could almost feel the wheel flanges grinding on the track oh well just memories now im afraid, :cry: although, sera are trying to preserve a 3 car set.

• 7 years later...

Archived