Englishcombe

JZ

Decided to throw my hat in the ring.

I have alway fancied doing a little Halt for photographing my loco's on. Talwrn Bach, now Llanbedr, on the Cambrian coast is one that, with a little compression, will fit into the 20" length of the challange and can include a crossing and part of the crossing keepers cottage. Another possibility is Cwm Prysor. Or I may transport into rural north Somerset so I can use one of my spare backscenes. My main reason for doing it is to practice with new materials and techniques. The structure of the diorama will be foamboard and I will also get the opportunity to play with my GrassTech II before I use it on Somercombe.

I've been toying with the same idea after I saw a picture of Brimley halt on the Moretonhampstead branch. I've looked at loads of pictures of other halts since, throughout Devon and Cornwall. Which one to choose is the problem. I'd just use it to practice scenic techniques and try something different. It would be great if it was operational too, even though it would be so small.

Nigel

Made the base yesterday using 5mm foamboard. Decided to raid 'stuff I have but may never use, but am too mean to throw away, drawer, for most of what I need. This include a Will's station Halt and shelter and some station signs for Englishcombe. I also have some photographic backscenes which could be rural N.Somerset. I have bought a Ratio occupation crossing. Total spend so far, Xing £4.50, foamboard £2.40

• 8 years later...