Heathfield branch developments

• RMweb Gold

Er.... (clears throat)..

Thank you for asking that question, that's a very good question.....We are very happy to deal with your query. Your questions are important to us ..........

Go onCap'n - tell 'em the truth; it was to get the local railway nutters interested and give them something to talk about on websites :P :jester: .

• RMweb Gold

Go onCap'n - tell 'em the truth; it was to get the local railway nutters interested and give them something to talk about on websites :P :jester: .

We can neither confirm nor deny that something may or may not have occurred, or not occurred, as is the case, or may not be the case... :O :lol:

• RMweb Premium

Good to see 847 nicely turned out for the run. Colas locos are normally quite clean, but 848 and 850 up this way are (unless they've been cleaned in the last few days) decidely grubby.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

I popped out there earlier today to check on how they were getting on, and found that they had loaded the rear half of the train already and were well on their way to completing loading of the rest:

post-57-0-78003100-1324488791.jpg

post-57-0-47682500-1324488806.jpg

The logs laid parallel with the track are to prevent lorries turning from encroaching onto the formation:

post-57-0-55305100-1324488819.jpg

Note the rear half of the train on the other side of the level crossing:

post-57-0-84217600-1324488830.jpg

A mess room has now arrived on site - simple scratchbuild, anyone? ;)

post-57-0-91525800-1324488886.jpg

The train departed several minutes early and at last check was proceeding in fine form up towards Bristol...

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

This made it onto BBC's spotlight news today (18/1/12) at lunchtime. There was a live piece from the site including an interview with a guy from Network Rail and Colas.

• RMweb Gold
That took a while!

The BBC piece was delayed due to Christmas and New Year intervening, otherwise they would have been there sooner. I was unable to attend yesterday due to other work committments, hence a colleague kindly covered for me.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
The BBC piece was delayed due to Christmas and New Year intervening, otherwise they would have been there sooner. I was unable to attend yesterday due to other work committments, hence a colleague kindly covered for me.

Shame you couldn't be there CK, given your previous BBC appearence on the Royal Albert Bridge you could have applied for your Equity card if you'd been on yesterday too.... ;)

• Like 2

looks to be a possible loco change on the Timber, its been 66847 since the start, 66846 has gone to Gloucester today...

http://antony-christie.blogspot.com/2012/01/serco-test-train-and-return-colas.html

http://antony-christie.blogspot.com/2012/01/freightliner-sand-and-colas-timber-10th.html

http://antony-christie.blogspot.com/2011/12/colas-timber-to-heathfield.html

most of the shots I've got of that train since it started, as im rather local to it!

Tony

This traffic came just in time. The branch's future was looking decidedly shaky and people on the railway were having to speak up to save it.

Maybe someone will do the decent thing, now that it's been brought out of mothballs, and run a charter up there for the first time in a while. Tyseley Pannier(s), perchance?