Rail Wells

industrial

• RMweb Gold

Rail Wells is on again this year on the Sat 19th and the Sun 20th August.

Sat opening time is 10.30 till 5.30 (17.30) and Sunday opening is 10.30 till 5.00 (17.00)

Adults £5.00 and concessions £4.00.

http://www.railwells.com/

Looking forward to it but you might like to settle on just one weekend for the event :mellow: ;) :P

• 3 weeks later...

But this year we have a DRAG member with a layout there!

But this year we have 2 NAGNAG members showing layouts.....15 all.

Can some please clarify the date, I thought it was the 13/14, or is it the later date quoted above?

cheers

Mike

• RMweb Gold

Can some please clarify the date, I thought it was the 13/14, or is it the later date quoted above?

It is the 13th/14th.

The OP originally had the wrong dates (now edited).

Looking forward to this, it's in my "must attend" calendar.

I'm intending going both days, as it's just down the road.

Don't forget that Wells is an attractive city, with plenty of things to look at away from the show, so partners can find other distractions.

There will be free parking this year so you won't have to be looking at the time you spend in the show, and the beautiful city this year. (and to have more money to spend there as well).

Where? In the public car parks or is there some dedicated parking elsewhere?

• 3 weeks later...

hello all,

i was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction, but i am looking to convert my Heljan hymek and class 26 to EM gauge. Would anyone know of which traders i can buy the wheels from (could you tell me which type of wheels i need as well) at the show?

cheers,

Jon

As far as I can tell of, it will be dedicated parking.

It would still be good to know where this free parking is in relation to the venue and will it be adequate?

I'm perhaps one of the few who actually doesn't mind paying for parking as long as it is within an easy walk (for me) of the venue.

This show is a long way for me and if I am going to make the considerable effort to get there I want to be certain of being able to park and not have to turn round and go home for lack of space or an overflow car park that is miles from the venue.

The uncertainty over venue and date doesn't help or encourage.

I assume it is to be held at the Town Hall (a post code for us out of towners would help us locate on a map/sat nav) the website seems to suggest that the Town Hall is just a sight to see in Wells.

The layout line-up looks like it may well be worth the effort. The last time I passed through the town was about 50 years ago on a Black & White bus so really don't know the place.

It is the 13th and 14th August in the town hall, and the post code for this is BA5 2RB.

I will try to find out where the car park is for the punters is for you. On a Sunday there is some parking in front of the town hall (if you are lucky) but not on a Saturday as there is a market there.

It is the 13th and 14th August in the town hall, and the post code for this is BA5 2RB.

I will try to find out where the car park is for the punters is for you. On a Sunday there is some parking in front of the town hall (if you are lucky) but not on a Saturday as there is a market there.

Thanks, has to be the Saturday I'm afraid then permissions are easier to obtain for driving so far as SWMBO might enjoy the shopping.

I was surprised at the "free" parking as it must be difficult to manage this (separating the shoppers from the showgoers) with such a central location. Do we need to turn up clutching a model as proof of valid entry :D.

hello all,

i was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction, but i am looking to convert my Heljan hymek and class 26 to EM gauge. Would anyone know of which traders i can buy the wheels from (could you tell me which type of wheels i need as well) at the show?

cheers,

Jon

What level of skill do you have? You could just order a conversion set from Ultrascale for example, that is the easiest way to do it.

The free car parking is in the Palace Field of Silver Street BA5 1UN. If you put the post code in on google it is the triangle field to the right hand side of the field which has got The Bishop's Barn on it.

To get to the town hall you go strait along the foot path along the side of the moat and under the arch into the square in front of the town hall.

All the car parks in Wells are short term so if you use one of these you will have go back and renew your car park ticket.

Do you reckon i'll be able to pick up an ultrascale conversion pack from any traders for a Heljan class 26 at the show?

No, they are (generally) only available direct from Ultrascale (otherwise, very occasionally, second hand via ebay). I think that all the BRCW types had wheels of a similar diameter to coach wheels in which case, you might like to try simply using a set of EM coach wheels and reusing the existing gear. This is incredibly easy, even with basic tools and something like Markits coach wheels (all metal) would do the job nicely. These can be had from Wizard Models who are present.

HTH

Adam

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Looking forward to Railwells this coming weekend, Bridport Town will be upstairs in the main hall, right next to the canteen. Very handy for those famous home-made cakes.

Please come and say Hello.

Cheers,

Dave.

• RMweb Gold

Looking forward to Railwells this coming weekend, Bridport Town will be upstairs in the main hall, right next to the canteen. Very handy for those famous home-made cakes.

Please come and say Hello.

Cheers,

Dave.

Looks like we will be close neighbours then, I'm near the window overlooking the market square. The cakes are some of the best on the circuit - I'm hoping for Date and Walnut, my favourite :D

Jerry

Archived