Outdoor external blog/website directory

I'm looking to pull together an 'introduction' type thread for this group to help new comers or interested parties learn more about modelling in the outdoors. As part of this I'd like to include a list of relevant and up-to-date links to individuals progress blogs or websites (or even threads) on this site or any other blog, site or forum.

Can you please contact me using the PM system if you can help.

Hi,

I use part of my daughters (commercial) website where I have a section, which really needs some updating, on my 'Sycamore Creek Railroad' which is set in Colrado in the 1880's.

Why on earth the 1880's you may well say - to which the reply is things were small and colourful (till the Union Pacific which was in a parlous financial state, ruined everything by painting locos plain old black!) and I decided (and have not changed my mind) that everything would be easy to build.

Also I could have a reasonable set-up in my then new garden - that was in 1996! The final reason was my favourite locos are Mason Bogies, and way back then I put that into Google, the result was that a webgroup called 'myLargescale.com' was intending to build one, I joined, and yes, it was built, and other locos + stock+buildings have followed on. There is a photo of thatis loco at the following link - goto page 2 and please scroll down, there are two photos by me, the other being of some of my buildings - here is the link - http://www.rmweb.co....15309-new-forum-

The website is the G scale railways section, and here is a direct link to it http://www.musiccorn.../articles.html?

• 4 months later...

Just had another PM from Charles - a good start in OO: www.chegsy.webs.com

However guys - I'd encourage you to just post up direct as a thread, if it's your own models as I want to keep the 'getting started' post for more generic/industry type links :)

Hiya!

James I take it you're looking at this thread as a kind of list of either suppliers that have useful outdoor equipment or any solutions that we may come up with for a particular problem?

Thanks for the comments! I will take your advice & start one on my layout. Is there any way of linking the blog from my site to the blogs on this one??

:D :D :D

Archived