New SNCF livery is anti-modeller!

Gordonwis

The first pictures have become available of the new 'universal' SNCF livery to replace En VOyage/gris fantome.

Just to really wind up railway modellers, its going to feature lots of graduated colour changes in the style of the Carmillon logo and will be thus impossible (literally) to paint onto a model locomotive!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I'm not sure that the livery has been formally adopted yet, but as with En Voyage in my opinion it looks pretty awful. But then I like Beton livery on the 7200/22200s (but not on anything else).

And if it is adopted, there will apparently be different sector branding below the bodyside grills. Can you imagine how gawdy the green/white FRET logo would look on the bodyside as well?

• RMweb Premium

By the way, I was just reading that Jouef are planning to do a SYBIC in the "Fantôme" livery, which would represent one of those locos which wore the "en voyage" decoration but had it removed, leaving a uniform silver livery with no trim whatsoever. Like 26003, as seen in this image: http://img24.xooimage.com/files/f/b/7/bb-26003-trainsfrancais--1ea0002.jpg

• RMweb Premium

By the way, I was just reading that Jouef are planning to do a SYBIC in the "Fantôme" livery, which would represent one of those locos which wore the "en voyage" decoration but had it removed, leaving a uniform silver livery with no trim whatsoever. Like 26003, as seen in this image: http://img24.xooimag...is--1ea0002.jpg

I don't think any locos in the Fantome livery were previously En Voyage - they were all outshopped from Works having previously been beton (or maybe FRET or Multiservices in the case of a couple of 7200s).

22400 is the real oddity. It was given the blue and purple ends by Oullins Works before En Voyage was abandoned and retains them in traffic.

Archived