Freightman Wagon Kits

Has anyone had any experience with the new Freightman kits that are being marketed by 62A Models?

For £20, you get sides, ends, roof, floor and a 'strengthener', which obviously leaves wheels, underframe, buffers and couplings to purchase. Are the sides up to the same standard as a parkside kit for instance?

I'm looking at getting a few of the SR twin planked box vans to add a bit of variety to my van rake. I doubt they will end up any cheaper than a Parkside wagon kit, but I can live with that as long as the qualty of the kit they offer is up to a decent standard.

Cheers,

Stephen

Not seen the new kits but the original Freightman range was very good. Maybe harsh to compare them with Parkside as they are a generation apart, but they did have exceptionally good detail for their day and should still be good even by today's standards

• 1 month later...

I am just finsihing off an original Freightman BR ply sided wagon and all I can say is that it was a pleasure to build and the ABS chassis adds some weight that you have to add to a Parkside. I guess you pays your money and makes your choice. I have built both and both are good in their own way. It was a sad day when the original kits were discontinued.

Paul R

Archived