Leon

• 4 weeks later...

12641915493_22ee6223d7.jpg
Covering over that horrible Mainline livery back to the blue days. by imleonbrown, on Flickr

12641911863_655573e053.jpg
Covering over that horrible Mainline livery back to the blue days. by imleonbrown, on Flickr

12641784115_492f17a8f4.jpg

Not much going on guys, in the process of applying a few coats of rail blue paint to the former Mainline gronk, another coat then a load of grime and oil stains and back to work shunting steel wagons.

• Like 6

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Many thanks Rich,

Managed to pick up my 1st sound decoder the other day, so popped my head into the attic for the 1st time in a good few months, had a bit of a tidy.

The sound chip was for 37506 but this loco has now gone from being my best runner to a non runner, sounds like there is something jammed in the motor but I cant find anything. This has resulted in the chip going in Mainline 37/4 Mt Etna.

I'm still learning all the functions and controlling the speeds on the engine noise. Struggled to fit the speaker in but have managed now but the speaker sounds very rough so I may have damaged it. Added a bit more static grass and a Ford Fiesta, give the track a good clean next and improve the point wiring for some running sessions.

• Like 4

Many thanks Rich,

Managed to pick up my 1st sound decoder the other day, so popped my head into the attic for the 1st time in a good few months, had a bit of a tidy.

The sound chip was for 37506 but this loco has now gone from being my best runner to a non runner, sounds like there is something jammed in the motor but I cant find anything. This has resulted in the chip going in Mainline 37/4 Mt Etna.

I'm still learning all the functions and controlling the speeds on the engine noise. Struggled to fit the speaker in but have managed now but the speaker sounds very rough so I may have damaged it. Added a bit more static grass and a Ford Fiesta, give the track a good clean next and improve the point wiring for some running sessions.

Hey Leon,did you remove the roof fan from the inside of your body,when fitting your speaker in place??

ive found removing this realy helps the speak fit nice and snug,and to through out the sound much better...

cheers neil..

• 4 weeks later...

Bit of a tidy today and added a fluorescent light strip above the yard, this has given a more natural white light then the GU10 spot lights fitted.  I am now going to fit two more, one above the depot area the other above the Steelworks. Need to build storage for the rakes of coaches, currently they are taking too much room up in the fiddle yards, which is restricting operations.

As dusk arrives caught a class 60 preparing the leave the yard with a short steel train to Ebbw Vale.

post-5554-0-03949700-1407698064.jpg

post-5554-0-63491800-1407698081.jpg

post-5554-0-74785900-1407698124.jpg

Edited by Leon
  • Like 15

• 2 weeks later...