Leon

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Scott, keeping the layout in the attic, I'm going to attempt a smaller Coal Mine layout, portable. Should be pretty simple, couple of tracks loaded by a digger. Scenery should be easy - lots of piled coal. Cheap to stock ie a coal 37 and some coal wagons.

• Like 4

Hi Scott, keeping the layout in the attic, I'm going to attempt a smaller Coal Mine layout, portable. Should be pretty simple, couple of tracks loaded by a digger. Scenery should be easy - lots of piled coal. Cheap to stock ie a coal 37 and some coal wagons.

Phew, for a minute I thought you might have been planning to rip up South Wales Freight. A coal mine sounds a great concept for a layout, not one I've seen before. Can't wait.

Cheers

Thanks guys,

Hoping to get the baseboards built ready for summer for a new portable Coal facility, no huge rush as I still got SWF to work on.

Bit of transfer news, 59005 has been transferred back to the West and Trainload Metals 37201 has also left the area to make way for new stock. (These locos just gathering dust) An Rfd 47 should be arriving shortly to pick up the daily speedlink and Ford Motor company service to Morfa Bank Yard. Still got qot a lot of work to do on the layout, volunteers?

Thanks again for the interest all.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Been a while since I last went into the attic. Had a little play this evening with sound fitted 37. Arrived on the layout to collect some TTA's from the depot, shunted up to some more in the yard before departing.

post-5554-0-27172600-1444331779_thumb.jpg

• Like 17