Leon

No work on the layout of late as I have been trying to get the fleet complete. Last loco is on its way a Dutch Class 37 for engineering trains. 

Very heavily work stained 47245 "The Institute of Export" is seen in South Wales from Tinsley more than likely working Speedlink services. Even the ballast is cleaner than this loco.

fullsizeoutput_407e.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_4075.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_4079.jpeg

Edited by Leon
  • Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

8 hours ago, The Johnster said:

That 47's weathering gives it a lot of character, Leon, very nice work indeed!

Thank you, not my work though its a second hand purchase. Last loco due soon and then that should be everything covered from a running point of view.

I can then concentrate on weathering and sound fitting them all.

• Like 1

Must be at least two years since I started this, at last former 37/5 gets some grey on the way to Canton Metals machine 37711. Side window had been filled to represent a heavyweight. Railmatch paint not a good match so some more work needed with the airbrush today. I already have the Depot plaques and names ready to fit.

CE59123E-4A33-4CF2-9F56-B63318B69833.jpeg

BAF2F1B2-2459-4815-BBB1-D6F89E3AD79F.jpeg

9676C859-7F1B-489B-8559-C81052C2789F.jpeg

Edited by Leon
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Wow, It's been a while. Poked my head in the atic, Christmas decs store....

Decided i need to run the "expensive" trains i have so gave newby 37035 a run.

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas. I have just ordered the Dutch Class 47 sound fitted from Rails. 

A6f0IkSPTlSwOrc8HDVnjw_thumb_8871.jpg

+V0aQqyaTBOKIVIpOjSqbg_thumb_8878.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_8877.jpg

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Just found this thread again, and caught up on your progress.

Well... What a shock to see you'd ripped up your original layout!

That said, your new layout is looking fantastic. Very cool. Really liking the coal loading facility.

You totally need a Class 58 to go on those coal trains. I'd recommend Markham Colliery but then I might be biased. :D

Edited by DanielB
  • Like 2

Thank you Daniel, 

Had no choice in the end the electrics just not performing so never really able to run trains, trackwork now a lot more simple and professionally wired up. I always fond of the Coal trains also....

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 06/07/2012 at 22:46, br2975 said:

Good morning all, 

For some reason I just ordered 37422, Seen a link to Colletts Models and had it for £119. Like the look of this loco, then i found this post by Brian when google search to see if it was ever in South Wales.... Result.... 

Leon,

37416 was allocated to Canton during 1994 (it was definitely on the books on April 23rd.) at which time it was in 'Mainline' livery and carried the unofficial name 'Mt Fuji' which I believe 'may' have been applied when it was based at Tinsley.

I took the attached photos in a ten minute spell at canton in the early 90s - unfortunately I don't have the date to hand.

37416 came off the servicing shed and reversed into the carriage shed.

37422 came off the carriage shed and ran down onto the servicing shed.

Shortly after a pair of 31s led by 31408 (I think the other was 31456) struggled past heading down the mainline on a 'crankex'.

I hope this helps.

Brian R.

post-1599-0-50012200-1341610995_thumb.jpg

post-1599-0-23967400-1341611146_thumb.jpg

post-1599-0-58411300-1341611164_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Just in time for Christmas the 1st of two orders have arrived.  Had to get this loco just due to it being a good price for a Sound fitted loco. Im sure they did venture into South Wales at times.

So Immingham 47346 is seen on the rolling road, it's pretty noisy and rough at the moment, hopefully will improve. Then its given a short run with empty spoil wagons. Having runaround its train the brake van is now at the locomotive end for the return up the valley.

I have a couple of sound videos i will post up once uploaded to Youtube.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_mini_88d0.jpg

IMG_3742.JPG

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_mini_88da.jpg

Edited by Leon
  • Like 10

• 2 weeks later...

Its time to adding noise to the fleet of 20 plus locos.

2 more sound chips arrived from Howes to get the 47 fleet complete, one will be in Bachmann 47612 the other into RFD Heljan 47.

Had to remove the black box, gave it a little test and it sounds great....

IMG_4487.jpg

Edited by Leon
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Well after 11 years of up and down a loft ladder I have finally got a working layout i'm happy with.

I have just accepted an offer on our house, so this will mean an end to SWF as we know it, The new house will have 5 bedrooms, 1 will be a layout room and a new South Wales Freight.

I will have to try to save what I can. 

Sad but im looking forward to a new bright room with no ladders.

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

Best of luck with your new layout. Hopefully you can salvage much of the existing one and make it bigger and better.

I have lots of stock for a South Wales based layout but am waiting a house move before I start.

On 11/01/2020 at 20:19, Leon said:

Its time to adding noise to the fleet of 20 plus locos.

2 more sound chips arrived from Howes to get the 47 fleet complete, one will be in Bachmann 47612 the other into RFD Heljan 47.

Had to remove the black box, gave it a little test and it sounds great....

IMG_4487.jpg

HI Leon...

Not been on for a while and have only just returned, you have moved on hugely loving all your new wagons etc, and Howes Sound, still one my personal favorites next to Zimo and Legomanbiffo... to be fitted in one of the best BR Liveries.

Regards

Jamie

2 hours ago, Leon said:

Well after 11 years of up and down a loft ladder I have finally got a working layout i'm happy with.

I have just accepted an offer on our house, so this will mean an end to SWF as we know it, The new house will have 5 bedrooms, 1 will be a layout room and a new South Wales Freight.

I will have to try to save what I can. 

Sad but im looking forward to a new bright room with no ladders.

Hi Leon

All the very best in your MOVE Over, look at the bright side, no more ladders to climb up and down and 5 bed rooms choose the biggest room for your layout haha... I take it as its no longer in the Loft the layout maybe smaller... and with that question, will you make it into modular to maybe take out and exhibit at shows. that would be nice to see it...?

Take care Moving hey, you can drop more or less anything but just don't drop any of your train related stock hey... haha

Regards

Jamie

• Like 1