Leon

Thanks Leon, those Pikestuff roof vents look superb. Just been doing some research for Boxenby and they will be perfect.

Normally I use enamel thinners used gently with cotton buds, it might be worth trying that in an area where the new plate will go first. This worked fine for removing the nameplate on 60077 but the later models such as 60066 didn??™t work too well. Good luck, I look forward to seeing her.

One day I would like to model 56073 Tremorfa Steel Works in this condition:

http://stevejackson....t/p3099623.html

Nice! biggrin.gif

Thanks Leon, those Pikestuff roof vents look superb. Just been doing some research for Boxenby and they will be perfect.

Normally I use enamel thinners used gently with cotton buds, it might be worth trying that in an area where the new plate will go first. This worked fine for removing the nameplate on 60077 but the later models such as 60066 didn?????t work too well. Good luck, I look forward to seeing her.

One day I would like to model 56073 Tremorfa Steel Works in this condition:

http://stevejackson....t/p3099623.html

Nice! biggrin.gif

Thanks for the advice Grimley, I will try thinners. Tremorfa Steelworks is also on my list to get but not quiet in that state, pre Transrail I think.

if you can get that one right which im sure you will then she will look fab on your layout.

Thanks

Leon.

Hiya Leon,

Ok matey, no worries, I still got plenty of use for them biggrin.gif

Ya get a 66!! laugh.gif laugh.gif Thats up to you bud!!

The 66s started to pop around 1998-2000 although back then they went through the train wash, now they dont lol!! But ya, a 66 would fit in just keep clean or perhaps if you do weather your locos, just do the bogies and fuel tanks biggrin.gif

Regards

George

Haha laugh.gif

Someone has, Kernow are all out of stock, same with everyone else now sad.gif Me fleet is just going to have to wait biggrin.gif

Cool water tower matey, looks real disused does that icon_thumbsup2.gif

I also like your first pic with the 37 ( I know its a 37 not a 66 icon_lol.gif ) and the old gravel piles, looks real good matey!!

Regards

George

Cheers bud, the weathering powders worked well I think on the tower.

The "Fleet" is doing fine mate, you have a healthy amount of locos.

What you working on tonight? Im out of beers so a JD and Halfords grey paint for me then..not a good mix. This could go wrong......LOL

Cheers bud!!

Im on me last bottle of bud sad.gif I could end up on orange juice or water yet laugh.gif

Nothing has been really done at all today, I have continued the trainspotters footpath past the new shed now, want to add security fencing but im fresh out and same with everything else really! Hopefully get concrete (card laugh.gif ) down in the shed tomorrow and possibly start them backscenes sad.gif biggrin.gif

What you working on tonight??

Regards

George

Tonight I resprayed the wagon works, your grey shed gave me the idea. Its now Ford Halfords Grey instead of white. Put some H&S yellow paint around the steelwork enterance. Wife home now and she does not like me being in the atic...:(

Getting closer to the MPD area, ordered some grass from International models. So hopefully that will be here by Thursday, a day off, to finish the open areas off.

Better go clean my brushes. Catch you later mate.

wink.gif

Thanks Jamie, I was pleased with the out come. It does look lie metal. Resprayed the wagon works grey, looks beeter than white. Should be okay once some detail is added. Bit more work on the steel works also. Ignore the big scratch in the new steelwork extension. fell over just after being sprayed red...arrrr.

Pics not fab sorry as used Blackberry not cam.

post-5554-12649713608454_thumb.jpg

post-5554-12649713811459_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

The Yellow around the doors really bring out the buildings, well done matey!!

I think the H&S officers will sleep tonight laugh.gif

You must have a drink though bud after that, youre doing a fantastic job bud!!

This website not working to good tonight, I shall chat to you tomoz bud!!

• Like 1

Tonight I resprayed the wagon works, your grey shed gave me the idea. Its now Ford Halfords Grey instead of white. Put some H&S yellow paint around the steelwork enterance. Wife home now and she does not like me being in the atic...sad.gif

Getting closer to the MPD area, ordered some grass from International models. So hopefully that will be here by Thursday, a day off, to finish the open areas off.

Better go clean my brushes. Catch you later mate.

wink.gif

Ha... Sounds familiar! - Bless 'em

The Yellow around the doors really bring out the buildings, well done matey!!

I think the H&S officers will sleep tonight laugh.gif

You must have a drink though bud after that, youre doing a fantastic job bud!!

This website not working to good tonight, I shall chat to you tomoz bud!!

Hi Leon...

I agree with Georgie... The Building Doors look great with the Yellow Round it...

All looking great matey... Keep up the fine work dude...

Also Regarding the H&S that Georgie mentioned about... Do they catch you falling when you made the scratch, which I cant see. Have you filled in the H&S Book so you can make the claim, and with the money get the rest of the Layout built...? LOL...

Jamie

Leon, She a real beast!! biggrin.gif Im glad you're getting one matey!! She will look the part on steel wagons or even a umm a... army Tanks huh.gif but she will still look the part! May I ask where you purchased her from as everywhere else is sold out now??

Cheers

George

Not got her yet, but if and when I do see one I will get it. If I see anywhere selling them I will let you know. I just seen it on the Bachmann site. I was looking for one that has worked in S Wales. Seen as they were imported through Newport I may have a prestine one "just off the boat" ready for trials.

You working on that TMD today ?

Not got her yet, but if and when I do see one I will get it. If I see anywhere selling them I will let you know. I just seen it on the Bachmann site. I was looking for one that has worked in S Wales. Seen as they were imported through Newport I may have a prestine one "just off the boat" ready for trials.

You working on that TMD today ?

Everywhere is just out of stock, I got no idea why, one minute a website is saying theres 10 in stock next its completely taken off the loco list!! Hopefully they will bring out a new numbered EWS 66 biggrin.gif Ya that would work straight off the boat laugh.gif

No matey, no work has been done, being at college this afternoon and I dont get home until 6, Im always tired after battering metal and welding all afternoon, so for rest of the night I just relax on this website biggrin.gif When it works laugh.gif Day off tomoz so I shall get some bits sorted out!!

Regards

George

I wish my course was only 3 days a week laugh.gif I start at 8:45 until 3 or 5pm, non stop welding and banging metal, great stuff though!! Sorry Leon for Hijacking your thread bud cool.gif

But ya hattons and places need to get stock back!! You will have to join the queue bud biggrin.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif

Regards

George

Hi all,

Planning is now underway for the serving/stable point. The original plan was 3 road, one holding TTA's for depot fuel the other two for holding loco's. Due to having more room than expected I am now planning to extend the service are to 5 roads as follows, 1st road will still hold the TTA's, 2&3 will have inspection pits and access to the serving/maintenance shed with road 3 having fuel. 4 will be for locos to stable between work and 5 as on overflow to stable loco's if needed or to house the depot stores wagons.

Have included a few pics to show the idea, the beer can is only there to represent fuel tanks on nothing else, however please do drink resposably.

Cheers

Leon.

post-5554-12651445262848_thumb.jpg

post-5554-12651445569894_thumb.jpg

post-5554-12651445812129_thumb.jpg

• Like 3