Leon

Bit of progress but no photos sorry. Fitted the buffers to the class 56, didn't realise all four missing ! luckery I found them. Checked all locos and all have buffers present.

Started to continue work on the 08 i have, 2 in the fleet, 1 is an 09 in Railfreight Grey for mainline trip workings. the other is a Hornby Mainline livery that I have re sprayed into BR blue, missing 1 window so sourcing a replacement. I have found the transfers for the numbers in  white and also some white BR arrows for the bodyside. 

Now it's a matter of searching through the images for a suitable South Wales, Margam area loco. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

No work on the layout for the past few weeks, not really been in the mood to be honest and I feel sometimes there is no point forcing yourself if you don't really feel like working on it. Had a great hour playing. Canton's trainload coal Class 37 arrives with empty HAA wagons.

Its seen passing the loading site then backing its train back onto the loading pad.

IMG_2176.jpeg.0cf90fd83683acf0d820c3b1f07d89a5.jpegIMG_2180.jpeg.aa353fc5ad8720cb06fdbdf203d1935b.jpegIMG_2178.jpeg.36f6cd170348e5b54d698d9ba34dba1c.jpegIMG_2177.jpeg.c6f5facf1a6a25f152202a409f449862.jpegIMG_2175.jpeg.b9e62cc1370531f1c8c549b33f1617e0.jpeg

IMG_2182.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 3

After delivering the depot fuel TTA's to a local yard a 37 in Rfd livery trips them to the service point. As you can see (wonky unfixed signal) I still have a lot of jobs to get on with. Im hoping to get back on it this week. Have some bits on order including 2x 20ft shipping containers i am going to remove the bottom and use them to cover the wire to the points. I have tried ones seen on ebay made from laser cut card, pretty cheap but they may be good enough as an alternative to plastic.

IMG_2187.jpeg.df848e257e523e052d9924b7335dd78b.jpegIMG_2186.jpeg.c337efd66086020912ebb65844b812c8.jpeg

IMG_2188.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

13 hours ago, d winpenny said:

Great pictures bud

david

Many thanks David,

Just quick ones, would like to take more time to get better photos one day.... Photos highlight all the bad bits...lol

• Like 1

Theses just arrived, I needed something I could kit bash to sit over two point wires I had to surface mount due to the board framework. Im planning of leaving the bottom off the container and sitting them on top in a hope to disguise them. £7.50  for a pair worth a go. 

IMG_2198.jpeg.e3a7d3978781f5a0f1b14a1bc3c8fcc8.jpegThese 

Edited by Leon
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Later when I get home I think I am going to give one of these TTS sound chips a try. I was never really interested until I say a video and was pretty impressed with the sound on a Class 66. I'm going to get one for the EWS 66 I have, I bought it as I liked the look and sound of the 59's back in the day. I wont run this loco that often as its not the right era for me so worth a £40 sound chip I think.

Has anyone else got any comments on them ?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Chris.

yes I just completed the shipping container. Very clever product. All fits together perfect in no time. Very impressed. Will order more for the layout and also the gates now for the farmers field.

many thanks.

0B89B112-25E2-46FE-A382-BD534A184C50.jpeg

B65973E2-9FC4-4A99-A3D7-B30FB98A4EDB.jpeg

589BB5E5-8341-4ED2-9C9E-692D8256C236.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Nice little update Leon, wish I knew how to out the YouTube link in properly! 

I've used a few things from scale model scenery now, some great little bits, if a little fiddly at times. 

Edited by pitbull1845
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, pitbull1845 said:

wish I knew how to out the YouTube link in properly

frist Find said vid on you tube .. or upload your own .. then right click on it and go "copy video url" this will be somehting like this "https: // youtu.be / zIHbmE1BfKY" without spaces and basicaly the last bit is the Video ID 

and paste link in to this editor .. this should make it auto link and display place holder, sometimes you need to hit return after video url

hop that helps... 

• Thanks 1

Morning guys. Having a coffee building the 2 lot of containers from Scale model scenery. Very impressed by them.

these are to be used to hide some point motor rods near the coal site and will been seen as storage for machinery etc. Very easy and enjoyable to build. Also got line side fencing, some gates and a crossing to fit hopefully this weekend. Great value. I needed a lot of fencing so this will help with the budget.

144BEACA-EBBA-4BC0-B628-38E094CE451F.jpeg

E2F555FA-F7DE-4BDF-A41E-FD8CCCE6C59F.jpeg

• Like 5

Replacement TTS sound decoder arrived today. Just fitted and all sounds good. For the price I’m very happy as it’s for a loco I don’t run much, may upgrade speaker in the future. Fingers crossed this will work longer than the last.

need to clean the track and give it a run.

• Like 1

Hello.

A bit of a play with newly TTS Fitted 66. For the price I’m very impressed. 

Just a rough knocked together video sorry, will try to get the tripod set up one day and get some better footage.

• Like 4