Leon

Looking good,

Good to see another South Wales based layout... Yes you deffo need a at least one 37/9 on the layout for working steel traffic. I'm currently building one using the Bachmann model with scratchbuilt roof... See my workbench thread, just follow the link in my sig.

Cheers.

Hi Leon,

The layout is looking great, you really have an eye for detail and the track colour looks spot on, though I am not sure about that red loco.laugh.gif

I bought myself some grass tufts but I think I have the smaller ones James mentioned, I stuck a heap down then removed some. I think some times less is more if you know what I mean. Maybe add some smaller tufts and remove some of the bigger ones. wink.gif

Your depot area is comming along nicely and the fuel tanks look great but a wall around them would be good. I made mine from plasticard with Slaters brick glued to the sides.

Cheers Peter,

post-7022-126984948098_thumb.jpg

post-7022-126984958293_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Hola all. Thanks Pacer Lover, where in the Valleys are you ?

Had 30 min or so in the atic this evening, took a pinta bow with me so go no work done at all, the servicing point is still just trackwork. Going to place an order for some lights for the wagon wks and also the Corus plant. Soo much arriving through the post and not getting built, starting to build up a bit now. Loco inspection platform has been her for weeks but no servicing facility ready to use it... Have got two out of three floodlights wired up, bit tempory wiring at the mo just wires wrapped together.

Anyway got a few pic on the Blackberry not cam so quality no great.

Not sure when I will get anything more productive done sorry.

Leon.

post-5554-126998098804_thumb.jpg

post-5554-126998105216_thumb.jpg

post-5554-126998107487_thumb.jpg

post-5554-126998112414_thumb.jpg

post-5554-126998117606_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Hi Leon,

The layout is looking great, you really have an eye for detail and the track colour looks spot on, though I am not sure about that red loco.laugh.gif

I bought myself some grass tufts but I think I have the smaller ones James mentioned, I stuck a heap down then removed some. I think some times less is more if you know what I mean. Maybe add some smaller tufts and remove some of the bigger ones. wink.gif

Your depot area is comming along nicely and the fuel tanks look great but a wall around them would be good. I made mine from plasticard with Slaters brick glued to the sides.

Cheers Peter,

ello Peter, Thanks mate for the comment. Your fuel tanks look great. I've had the plasticard here for sometime now ready for the retaining walls, its time or a team of about 6 people is what I need to get things done...lol. Not really worked on the details yet, just trying to get the basics down then I can concentrate on improving and adding more realism and detail.

Thanks for the pics.

All the best

Leon.

Hey Leon,

Just looks like an industrial place now, the buildings etc are spot on my friend!!

The EWS Class 66 fits in nicely with the others too wink.gif

Great stuff Leon, keep them piccies coming!! lol!

Regards

Georgie

• Like 1

Hi Leon

Great Photo updates dude...!

Love the CCTV camera's... Who are they made by (Apart from you...Haha) who does those kits... or are there several on the market?

Keep the photos coming matey

Jamie

• 2 weeks later...

Added some floodlights to the wagon works, and the flashing yellow warning beacon on the stlleworks, still got floodlights to fit to the stleelworks maybe tomorrow.

Pics a bit dark sorry, way to hot to turn the floodlights on in the atic this evening, the spots in the ceiling are hot enough.

post-5554-127188438778_thumb.jpg

post-5554-127188442256_thumb.jpg

post-5554-127188453252_thumb.jpg

post-5554-127188456128_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Having just arrived at Newport Docks a pristine 66068 sits over the inspection pits at the near by servicing point. Hopefully the stable point will be finished soon and I can start renumbering/weathering stock.

post-5554-127261634645_thumb.jpg

post-5554-127261665507_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

Hello all,

Poked my head into the atic the other day. 1st time in over two months due to getting a wife...

Discovered that part of the "plastic" concrete area for the serving/fueling point has warped in the heat and now needs replacing.

Really need to get a velux in there to let some air and light in...

Hopefully will resume some work on the layout soon.

Regards

Leon.

Poked my head into the atic the other day. 1st time in over two months due to getting a wife...

Welcome back Leon ........ some of the local RMWeb members were thinking of 'phoning Llanishen Police Station to report you missing !

Brian R

Thanks Brian,

Are you still meeting up once a month? I did get the emails but sorry I never replied.

Not much has happened in the yard for a couple on months except some weeds have grown around a single rudd.

post-5554-127853779238_thumb.jpg

• Like 6