County Donegal Railway

On 15/12/2023 at 21:12, Burnham-on-sea said:

More enquiries. I have just received the kit of trailer 3 from Allen Doherty, very nice etches. Does anyone know what the chassis is? Is it still the original D&B tramway one or did Hugh Forbes modify it as it was now a trailer?  Help would be appreciated.  Alastair.

No, I think Henry Forbes just used the body. The old engine from the DBST thing was fit for scrap, so the whole chassis probably went for scrap.

2 hours ago, Burnham-on-sea said:

Thanks Irish Padre. I tried the Cultra Museum but despite the vehicle being there they didn't know and were reluctant to go downstairs and look, hence this correspondence. I'll try them again after the holiday. Alastair.

Dublin and Blessington Railcar

This any help to you? My photo on Flickr.

This was at the former Foyle Valley Railway, Railcar 12 had broken down and the trailer was used as a substitute on passenger services for a weekend - until Cultra found out!

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

The chassis was  the same right through her working life just with the mechanics removed my powered version uses a Halling chassis (its the right wheelbase with the pony trucks using the BEMO wheels they use with the rollebrocks the later version just uses a pair of brass w irons with the same pony truck arrangement.At some point the intention is to do the original D&B version using a regauged Halling Andy.

• Like 1

On 26/12/2023 at 13:13, Mol_PMB said:

Dublin and Blessington Railcar

This any help to you? My photo on Flickr.

This was at the former Foyle Valley Railway, Railcar 12 had broken down and the trailer was used as a substitute on passenger services for a weekend - until Cultra found out!

I can imagine Cultra having a Fit!  There is no continuous brake available.  Yes speeds are low, but it’s still important to do things correctly!

Paul

• Like 1