Etched loco chassis

Chris Higgs

That's a shame - the paint went on nicely! It was only £1 so nothing lost for a bit of practice. Thanks for the info.

I have a vague recollection that Noel Leaver knew about the dimensions of the Lima one. It's a long time ago though. I don't own one as far as I remember.

Chris

That's a shame - the paint went on nicely! It was only £1 so nothing lost for a bit of practice. Thanks for the info.

If you measure the length, I'll be able to tell whether it would match the underframe.

For what it's worth, the Lima 4mm CCT is bang on scale. So the N gauge one might well be. But to what scale is another question.

Chris

Edited by Chris Higgs

Chris - is there any chance of you re-running the b set/siphon underframes before I start hacking?

I have a note that there's an article in Magazine June/July 2015 on converting a Dapol Siphon G but don't have Magazine so not sure if it helps. I think it had some prototype notes but not sure if it used one of Chris's etches.

I have a note that there's an article in Magazine June/July 2015 on converting a Dapol Siphon G but don't have Magazine so not sure if it helps. I think it had some prototype notes but not sure if it used one of Chris's etches.

No ,that one just changes the bogies.

Chris

• RMweb Premium

I have both types of Siphon. Did I do the B-set? I must have forgotten.

Chris

Chris,

You did indeed produce a B set underframe. I have a pair waiting for me to build a suitable layout!  You actually sold it as a Collett 60' underframe which I believe may be suitable for the Dapol Collett coaches. It would be nice if this etch could be available again.

David

Chris,

You did indeed produce a B set underframe. I have a pair waiting for me to build a suitable layout!  You actually sold it as a Collett 60' underframe which I believe may be suitable for the Dapol Collett coaches. It would be nice if this etch could be available again.

David

The 'other' Dapol Colletts are 61ft-ers so it is not suitable for them. I don't plan to make this one available again at the moment - there is no current space on sheets at present. In any case, it tends to simply make the Dapol body look even more crude. That surely could do with some laser-cut glazing...

Chris

When you did the Collet coaches I had some correspondence with you about B sets. Some of those you produced were used in B sets. B sets were not all the same.

Don 

I do have a 2mm etch for exactly the coaches the Dapol ones represent (E140/E145). And indeed I think some of the other ones I did were also include din B-Sets.

Chris

Wagon underframes:
    LNWR 9'
    LNWR 9'9"
    LYR 10'6"
    LYR 12'

NPCS underframes:
    BR CCT (for Farish body)
    SR BY (for Dapol body)

Coach bogies
    MR 10' Bain

Loco replacement chassis
    GWR 51XX
    GWR 28XX
    GWR Hall/Grange/Manor

David Short has confirmed that all of these will become shop items. It's going to be well into tthe new year before they are available though.

Chris

Edited by Chris Higgs

Where can I find a list of the rolling stock you produce Chris? I'm relatively new to 2mm so I'm a little out of the loop.

There is no published list of the items I have done privately (as opposed to those in the Association shops). They were all done as limited editions and therefore are no longer available - although I do have a box secreted in the attic where those that were surplus to requirements are stored.

I have thought a bit about doing a reissue of them, but it is all a bit daunting as there are over 200, either complete kits or etched side overlays.

Chris

Edited by Chris Higgs

• RMweb Premium

For anyone wanting Dapol loco bodies to go with Chris' latest offerings it may be useful to look here:

https://www.dccsupplies.com/cl-735/Dapol-n-spares.htm

No complete M7 bodies at present but amongst the spares there seem to be enough parts to put one together. They have 28xx/38xx bodies and also those for GWR 4-6-0s although there's no mention of tenders. It may be worth giving DCC Supplies a call to find out what the position is regarding tenders. I've just bought a 48xx body from them for a very reasonable £15.60 + post.

For the 51xx, BR Lines have just about every available version of Big Prairie body.

Some very useful additions to the range from Chris.

David

For anyone wanting Dapol loco bodies to go with Chris' latest offerings it may be useful to look here:

https://www.dccsupplies.com/cl-735/Dapol-n-spares.htm

No complete M7 bodies at present but amongst the spares there seem to be enough parts to put one together. They have 28xx/38xx bodies and also those for GWR 4-6-0s although there's no mention of tenders. It may be worth giving DCC Supplies a call to find out what the position is regarding tenders. I've just bought a 48xx body from them for a very reasonable £15.60 + post.

For the 51xx, BR Lines have just about every available version of Big Prairie body.

Some very useful additions to the range from Chris.

David

I wonder what we will get for a bodyshell. Dapol have unconventional ideas of what is the chassis and what is the body.

I am told the Dapol Hall has an under-nourished bolier which the CAD designers extended from that of a Manor. Which seems a bizarre thing to do given that Halls were fitted with Swindon No 1 boilers - exactly the same as a 28XX! So I am wondering if it possible to cobble up a proper Hall based on parts from the two.

Chris