Fish Dock Road P4

40C

Some of you may have seen my previous layout Tetney which received some favourable comments on here after it's appearence at the Cleethorpes show in 2007. Whilst I am working on another project to build a model of a real station Donington on Bain, things are not going as fast as I would have liked with various distractions like building signals for other people's layouts. Therefore, I wanted a small layout (it's 5'9'' x 2' split in 2 pieces) which would go in the back of the car. Inspired by Enigma Engineering (thanks Paul) Fish Dock Road attended it's first show at Caistor Lincolnshire on the 10th and 11th of October. Attached is a photo of just part of it.

Gordon Luck

post-588-12590693268401_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I've been meaning to add more to this for a while but seem to be too busy actually building things! Rather than a track plan here is a near vertcal photo which I think shows a simple run round loop which holds 3 vans. Trackwork is fully check railed and inset into the road surface. The layout is not meant to be viewed from above normally! Dimensions are critical for the shunting puzzle element to work.

Gordon Luck

post-588-12621700378734_thumb.jpg

Archived