New Bryford - the Final Countdown.

newbryford

• RMweb Premium

I am available to sign copies of the show program tomorrow.....

7 hours of exhibiting left.

Here's a couple from today at the Glasgow show.

nb1.jpg.fea9cf1ab5b9fbfc503c7997aaddb8d2.jpg

nb2.jpg.71fe061e194aeeea4694e1f11de9b94d.jpg

Final train still to be decided.

We were honoured and humbled to be on the front cover of the show guide.

nb3.jpg.8fae8a6e6fe92d26dc1e5a9832742552.jpg

Cheers,

Mick

I will be sad to see the layout sold. I didn’t see it on its first tour, but have seen it a couple of times on the comeback. Always bang up to date and a good representation of the current railway. Don’t forget to take a picture of the last train on Sunday. 

Mick enjoy your last session !!

It was very nice talking to you on the Saturday, Mick, and seeing your now sold layout, well, you have Deadman's Lane to play with!

Here are a few pics (apologies about the quality!)

IMG_20190223_163603.jpg.de2042f11a5bf0cb2f70a94f61cf2478.jpg

You may just be able to pick out 37884!

IMG_20190223_163251.jpg.2ecd0f5bd1413e839a11f4e4023891eb.jpg

The YKA "Ospreys" Mick did way back in December 2013 Rail Express Modeller and the Pies Bridge!

Same train, different wagon with 68002 providing super power up front

IMG_20190223_163243.jpg.0a2c2e52b0cc9bb46859b89ac49c1642.jpg

Last train, Mick?

Jules

It’ll be sad to see the layout leave the exhibition circuit, hopefully not forever but for a while at least. I remember when I first 'discovered' model railways a few years ago (when my age was only just in double figures!) seeing this and Blackmill out and around the local exhibitions, with plenty of modern interest courtesy of Mick, Spike and the rest of the team to provide constant inspiration. I'm exceptionally grateful to all involved (Mick and Spike especially) for allowing me to operate the layout on various occasions...it’s been most enjoyable and I’ve learnt a hell of a lot about railway modelling, and also operating at an exhibition, not forgetting putting up with the other operators.....

You never know, they bought it back once before......... :no:

Now get on with yer next project Mick!

Thanks,

Jack.

1 hour ago, Departmental203 said:

Last train, Mick?

The last train from right to left at 5pm on the Sunday was a West Coast Railways rail tour with a couple of class 37s at the front, as a DRS light locomotive movement proceeded in the opposite direction from left to right (as viewed from the front).  I'm not sure of the makeup, but a six locomotive consist.

It was good to see New Bryford in the flesh today and although the SEC made it look quite small, it's still quite a large layout by home standards.  Thanks to Mick, I even managed to get a few photographs from round the back of the layout to help me plan my own slightly smaller layout, inspired by New Bryford.  It was certainly the layout that I spent most time at, when I wasn't operating Newcastleton, although there were a few other good layouts at Model Rail Scotland.

• RMweb Premium

The last set of steel empties departs the warehouse.

bya.jpg.3106544f680b486e3691eb287c2ad31a.jpg

Not too much later, with a suitable headboard, 37516/706 pass with the last train.

2019.jpg.cbb5f975c76b1d4db561c87e100a6772.jpg

Thank you for watching.

Cheers,

Mick

Shame to see it go. 

I first remeber seeing it at a Clitheroe show when it wasn’t quite finished it’s second makeover and copying down the trackplan on the exhibition programme with a view to do somthing similar, not knowing Mick at the time.

It’s a very original trackplan and very well executed, despite its age it is still very much an impressive layout to look at with the height differences of the station and road bridge in a relatively small stretch of layout. Another of its strengths it that is has quite a visually complex station throat and large station that would normally require a layout 4 times its size. The idea of using the front of the station as the scenic break is extremely clever and allows full length trains to stop there and it look completely normal and the 4 platforms allowed looping more fun with the warehouse siding. It has been copied and will probably continue to be (maybe even by me one day). I think there are few other ways to get as much fun out of 16’ of layout. 

Big thanks to Mick and Spike for taking it around the country for the past decade or two, it played a big part in turning me both Modern and DCC ‘dark sides’ and probably railway modelling in general. 

Definitely a classic.

8 hours ago, newbryford said:

The last set of steel empties departs the warehouse.

bya.jpg.3106544f680b486e3691eb287c2ad31a.jpg

Not too much later, with a suitable headboard, 37516/706 pass with the last train.

2019.jpg.cbb5f975c76b1d4db561c87e100a6772.jpg

Thank you for watching.

Cheers,

Mick

Did i just see the headbord on ebay for sale at £250 buy it now! Collectors item.

G

• 3 weeks later...

Archived