Oxford diecast... whats next?

BROADTRAIN1979

The best way to tell them apart is the Atlas model has white handrails whereas the Oxford ones are black.

I note that the Oxford version is now in stock at Hattons, but the images seem to have white handrails.  Were they just black on a pre-production sample?

See http://www.ehattons.com/151363/Oxford_Diecast_76KOM002_Stobart_Rail_Excavator/StockDetail.aspx

• RMweb Premium

I note that the Oxford version is now in stock at Hattons, but the images seem to have white handrails.  Were they just black on a pre-production sample?

See http://www.ehattons.com/151363/Oxford_Diecast_76KOM002_Stobart_Rail_Excavator/StockDetail.aspx

I have examples of both, the Atlas one has white hand rails and those on the Oxford one are black.

I think the new Carflat will be a popular model. Have to say I'd like to see the LNER J62 (ex MS&LR saddle tank) & J63 outside cylinder 0-6-0T locos made in 4mm; useful and long lived locos which are ideal for dockside layouts with sharp curves. I'd take one of each for a future layout project anyway.

• RMweb Premium

The second vehicles release of the year mentioned at post 605 above is now listed in full (with line drawings) on Oxford Diecast's website - these are separate from the Oxford Rail announcement of today. The full listing of new vehicles in various scales is here -

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1017/3257/files/OXFORD_New_Release_2016_Number_2_with_Pics.pdf?12448860053090868503

There are a lot of items here!

John

The second vehicles release of the year mentioned at post 605 above is now listed in full (with line drawings) on Oxford Diecast's website - these are separate from the Oxford Rail announcement of today. The full listing of new vehicles in various scales is here -

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1017/3257/files/OXFORD_New_Release_2016_Number_2_with_Pics.pdf?12448860053090868503

There are a lot of items here!

John

has any one got the full 16 pages of announcements  for the 2nd uarter to the fourth quarter as only 8 pages seam to  work

• RMweb Premium

has any one got the full 16 pages of announcements  for the 2nd uarter to the fourth quarter as only 8 pages seam to  work

It's only 8 pages on my iPad, the extra 8 pages are the very rear end of the illustration of the vehicle that it seems to have chopped off.

• 4 weeks later...

Do we not also suffer from the problem that in N (and 00) Britsh modellers don't use the same scales as the rest of the world?

Jeremy

Ahem! Point of order. The rest of the world doesn't use the same scales as we do.

C6T.

Edited by Classsix T
  • Like 3

Ahem! Point of order. The rest of the world doesn't use the same scales as we do.

C6T.

Weather sign reportedly once displayed at Croydon Airport:-   " Fog over Channel, Continent cut off."

Plus ca change....etc etc.....

PB

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Oxford Diecast usually have a stand at the Great Dorset Steam Fair, being held this weekend. Did they show any new castings on their stand? Does anyone have photos they can post on here?

TheSoitherner has already posted photos on the Bachmann thread of their Webb coal tank and SECR Birdcage coaches, which Bachmann had on their stand at the Great Dorset Steam Fair today.

John in Edinburgh, so very happy to see photos from those able to attend!

• Like 1

Has anyone heard anything about the forthcoming N scale Mercedes Actros and Volvo FH? They seem to have been a fair while coming, the tooling was illustrated beginning of the year

Thanks

Jo

Edited by Steadfast

The Actros and the Weymann Fanfare coach are the last of the new N castings from (October) 2015 still to be released. The Volvo wss announced in February 2016. Both the tractor units will be along soon. If I find more precise information, I shall post it. With Oxford producing around 30 new items per month, plus re-runs of earlier models, I am surprised that the time from announcement to delivery is usually around the 12 month mark. Apparently they are already working on the 2018 programme! I can't even build a couple of kits in the time they take to conceive and deliver their new babies.

Edited by mikeharvey22
  • Like 1

Oxford Diecast usually have a stand at the Great Dorset Steam Fair, being held this weekend. Did they show any new castings on their stand? Does anyone have photos they can post on here?

TheSoitherner has already posted photos on the Bachmann thread of their Webb coal tank and SECR Birdcage coaches, which Bachmann had on their stand at the Great Dorset Steam Fair today.

John in Edinburgh, so very happy to see photos from those able to attend!

I didn't get to visit them, ran out of time, but they had a display and the model Fowler BB1 ploughing engine should have been launched at the show

I didn't get to visit them, ran out of time, but they had a display and the model Fowler BB1 ploughing engine should have been launched at the show

Hope these pictures are a help, Southdown ticket office is new not incurrent release programme. Also had a nice chat with Taff today asked about them doing a skip wagon it would depend on demand, so if you what them to do one you need to let them know.post-4835-0-62387800-1472411021_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...